Rogues gallery

289, FIA & Daytona topics
agnoraan

Re: Rogues gallery

Post by agnoraan »

Karl wrote: But the way the forum should go should not be discussed between single members,

Regards
Karl
But that my friend, is what you're trying to do :roll: . You may have posted 506 times but that's over a 7 year span, equating to just 1.3 posts per week. It was never mentioned that this forum shouldn't stay Cobra related, just that maybe a few changes here & there might be beneficial to all. As Alan so rightly said, the title of this thread says it all "The Rogues Gallery", just for off topic pictures that might interest or amuse people.

I might be the newbie here, but that doesn't make me a forum or automotive "newbie". I was hoping that I could offer help & advice to others on here, having been involved in the motor trade for over 40 years, I have knowledge that might help others regarding all aspects of body repairs & painting, chassis design & manufacture, fibreglass laminating & mould making & general welding, body panel & sheetmetal fabrication. I am also a qualified college lecturer and able to teach students in all aspects auto body fabricatioon & repair. if I can help someone then I will & do so on a number of other forums. That's my own trumpet blown, but hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

Alan, I see what you did there Dodge-ee :lol: :lol:

That's the end of this discussion for me

Regards...Nigel
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Gents,

We have a committee meeting scheduled for 1st Oct. I will suggest we add website issues to the agenda, proposing we have proper 'any other/non 289/rogues gallery' type channels.

I'm not quite used to this sort of pace on T289R forum! But, in the mean time I hope we can keep a dignified discussion going and not (like on some other forums) resort to bitching.

Phil
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

For what it's worth, other Forums that I follow often have non core subject specific related threads that allow members to post other stuff they are interested in without cluttering up the key core threads. One even has a Stupid Joke Friday thread. By creating a few more headline threads to complement those already there, I feel we could keep everybody happy. The moderators could then police this (in a gentle way) to ensure there is adequate separation without us as a club appearing to discourage new members with broader interests. I love 289s, but they are not my sole reason for getting up in the morning. Phil recently sent out a request asking members to share "Claims to Fame" outside of Cobra specific stuff so we are in danger of setting conflicting standards if we then try to impose a "289 Only" rule for the Forum. Understanding how my interest fits into the broader context of other members interests would be - well, "interesting". For instance, I was the person who introduced the world of motor sport to the Internet back in 1993/4 so the fact that you are having this debate right now is to some extent my fault :shock: Provide just enough control while at the same time ensuring forums can evolve rather than stagnate is the trick imo. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Robin

ps - I'll post a video link later on the bike lsr thread that might be of interest.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I regularly look at the forum and read most of the threads, but I'd completely missed this one. :shock:

I personally have no problem with forum topics that aren't 289 related. I view the forum and the club as a whole a big group of friends and I often like to discuss matters that aren't 289 related with my friends. However, maybe there should be a section for off topic subjects so that those who don't want to read them can easily avoid them.

Having said that, some of the responses have been somewhat disrespectful of very long standing members and I really wouldn't want to see the forum degenerate into the level of snide sniping that is prevalent on other forums.

Let's all be friends and respect each other's opinions and differences. :mrgreen:

Paul