Revised Forum Rules Clarification

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Revised Forum Rules Clarification

Post by Dave Woodward »

Just for clarity and before the committee is labelled as being the enemy here, it is worth clarifying (as Phil pointed out earlier) that these rules had not been shared with the committee (or at least I don't recall seeing this wording).

As Bill suggests we just need to follow due process here and agree the final wording (and I suspect there are only a couple of subtle changes required) before re-issuing. It makes sense to have these guidelines in place but we all need to be comfortable with them and not alienate anybody.

We also need to agree what we are going to do about 'other' discussion topics.

PS.. Alan, stop calling yourself a 'newbee'. You are a member and that's all that should matter :)

Dave.

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

That'll be true of almost all members :)

I only know of one way to tell the difference at the rear of the castings.

Post by Marsh »

I'm a proud member of the 289 Register and in my varied experience of club membership over the years, I have to say that this is without exception, one of the most friendly and well informed collectives that I've had the privilege to be involved with; and I hope that will continue.

In terms of the forum content, one of the reasons why I came to the club (and specifically the forum), is the clear focus on one subject - the running and enjoyment of the period correct Cobra's. I agree there probably is a place for closely related content and that it should probably sit on a 'related topics' subject header that those who wish to contribute to, can do and those who don't, don't. That said, the Club is right to protect the integrity of the subject matter to some degree as that is one of the core elements of the Register which makes it an attractive destination for 'people like us' - i.e. anoraks of varying degree!

Having seen over the last 6 months just what a special club this is, I'd be very sad to see that change due to any heavy handed diktats to forum rules and any such changes do really need to be discussed and agreed with the committee in advance of them being implemented, which Bill has acknowledged will happen.

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim