The Firechasers

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Marsh

The Firechasers

Post by Marsh »

I was watching this 1970's B movie this afternoon - it's very obscure, with a great plot about a series of fires all over London, started by a fire bug, but most interestingly of all, prominently features a white right hand drive 289 Cobra, registered RB38. Made in 1970 and starring people you've mainly never heard of (Chad Everett and Anjanette Comer, anyone?), it's the perfect period piece if you want to see how a Cobra looked in the early 70's in London. Absolutely priceless!!

So, does anyone know the car?

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: The Firechasers

Post by nikbj68 »

I`m sure I have seen photos of that number on an Ace, as well as a Cobra, owned by Bob Burnard.
I`ll try to find some info later. :wink:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Chad Everett bears an uncanny resemblance to the guy who used to be Basil Brush's sidekick in the 70's, Roy North.

But seriously, it's actually not a bad film, all things considered and was directed and written by the team that bought you The Avengers, Philip Levine and Julian Wintle.

Never seen a white Cobra looking cooler either...

Lee
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Nik is spot on - according to the 'good book' i.e. the World Registry 4th edition, this car is COB6018, owned at the time of production (in 1970) by Bob Burnard.

It is now registered CLW384B and the car remains largely original and unrestored, having covered less than 66000 miles since new, under the care of fewer than four owners...

Lee
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Lee, you deserve a medal sitting through that!
Nice Cobra, shame about the rest..... :shock:

Post by Marsh »

In some perverse way, I actually rather enjoyed it, though it was probably the memory of watching it for the first time, one snowy Sunday afternoon as a 10 year old and seeing 'that cool white car'...

Most films you enjoy as a kid don't really measure up when you revisit them as an adult, though I could watch Robbery every month and probably never tire of it.

Lee