New member looking for a 289 - advice needed!

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Migge

Re: New member looking for a 289 - advice needed!

Post by Migge »

David,

He has prepared the sill and added some GRP to get some nice round cockpit edges etc.
Special customized BRA289
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Large

Post by David Large »

It is a very nice looking car but I don't think it is worth £29.5k. With a Rover engine I reckon £22k.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
David Large

Post by David Large »

Migge wrote:David,

He has prepared the sill and added some GRP to get some nice round cockpit edges etc.
I was coming to that conclusion. The door hinges are BRA pattern too.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
biz_fish

Post by biz_fish »

catsx11 wrote:
biz_fish wrote:Anyone seen this before?
£29.5k

http://vandpcars.smugmug.com/Cars/1966- ... a-FFJ947D/
The car was green, and the V5 says green, but obviously now blue.
Here's a reference to when it was for sale before...http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... MygrMCs4ZA
Wow, that was a good spot. Well remembered. It's obviously a fairly recent paint job.
Migge

Post by Migge »

Yes David,

MGB hinges.

With all the modifications it's worth a bit more I think and it seems on the pics nearly flawless. I doubt you can find a BRA with that specification again. And if you find a just normal BRA between 15k and 22k you have to spend a lot of time and cash to replicate this one.
Special customized BRA289
biz_fish

Post by biz_fish »

David Large wrote:It is a very nice looking car but I don't think it is worth £29.5k. With a Rover engine I reckon £22k.

David
I agree with you David. It looks nice in its new livery but I was really struggling with the price I have to say. I spoke to the dealer and said that it felt more like £25k than £30k. His quote was something like "No deal on price. Call me if you can find the extra". Pretty arrogant really, since it is not a case of 'finding the extra'. It's simply what ot's worth

Patience is a virtue!
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, are the bottom half of the tail light lenses Amber??? If so, where are they available from?

Allan
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

It is a BRA and it is superb !
I looked around this car and chatted to the owner but I am afraid I cannot remember at what event. He told me he re profiled the body at the sill line and rounded off the cockpit edges, it is a very nice job and something my car will be getting whenever it gets a repaint.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

allan horsfall wrote:Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, are the bottom half of the tail light lenses Amber??? If so, where are they available from?

Allan
I am afraid I may be responsible for that. I modified my rear lenses and he picked up on it.
I cut out the reflector portion with a dremmel and let in an amber portion from a lens with a matching pattern to the other half, then made a double bulb holder to fit behind.
I have two small round reflectors nearby.

Of course if you have deeeeeep pockets - http://www.europaspares.com/cobra-parts ... -pair.html
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !