clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Newbie

Post by clive »

kaiserbilly1 wrote:Old habits die hard Clive :wink:

... Still works though,Bill. :lol:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

v8junkie wrote:It was the black one I was referring to Stu
Apologise if I've got my wires crossed, but I hate seeing people get stung. I've had that many mails from people saying this is a great deal and they've offered me this off the asking price! Just because they glitter doesn't make them gold. Make sure the paperwork ties up and if you are unsure, get a second opinion to view the car with you..
That's all!

Post by Colin Newbold »

iansutch wrote:Maybe this is of interest too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Cobra-289- ... 2ee4fca803
This car is for sale by Alex Buncombe. Some of you will recognise that he was one of the Le Mans 24-hour racers this year in the Nissan experimental prototype. As well as being very quick in modern GTs (think Nissan again), he is also very well known in historic racing, mainly through the drives he's had in JD Classics cars...he generally wins! My occasional co-driver Wil Arif has shared many of those cars with him over the years.

He told me that he made a mistake in not putting a reserve on the car, I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't withdrawn it from the Ebay auction by now. He's certainly looking for north of £40k, and that's probably a reasonable valuation given the car's pedigree plus the amount of money he's spent.

Regards the tyres, my own experience racing on the little buggars, you wouldn't want to drive it on the road even if they were legal! £200 per corner on a set of Avon CRZ-66's and your're laughing :D

UPDATE: Looks like it did sell on ebay, for a shade over £40k.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

OCD wrote:289-FIA-Le-Mans-Competition-car:
This car is for sale by Alex Buncombe. Some of you will recognise that he is also very well known in historic racing, mainly through the drives he's had in JD Classics cars...he generally wins!
I spoke to him on Tuesday, we won`t see him at Goodwood this year as he`ll be racing in Australia! Shame, he`s always spectacular! He`s done a lovely job on the Yellow Peril, Gutted that the 'Blue Meanie' isn`t finding a new home with me!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

I emailed Alex asking that he advise the new owner to join T289R.

It would be nice to have it back in the club again.
v8junkie

Post by v8junkie »

I see that the Yellow Peril is back on the market listed with carandclassic, To hardcore and dear for my pocket. I am still looking for a 289 Hawk (Ford powered).Would be great if I could do a deal with my T.V.R.