Summer edition of T289R News

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Phil Riley

Summer edition of T289R News

Post by Phil Riley »

Members,
Your copy of T289R News will be with you very soon.

289_News_No.72_Page_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Migge

Re: Summer edition of T289R News

Post by Migge »

Great Phil :-)
Special customized BRA289
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Arrived today!
Love the photo of Huwโ€™s car on the cover!
As the last edition of the magazine with Phil as editor, Iโ€™d just like to say a huge thank you for the excellent job he has done for the Club, with a quality of product much larger clubs would struggle to better! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

I am very dissapointed to hear the news of Phil standing down as editor, he has set a standard that will be hard to follow. The quality of his work and the effort he has applied to it has raised the reputation and standing of the club to a level that far exceeds its size and clout, not only through the magazine but also the NEC stand. A fact that will not be missed by, and is envied by other clubs.
Additionally, what may not be generally known is that during a very difficult time for the committee, he was a very resilient, loyal, and staunch team member who was never prepared to compromise his principles, and always had the clubs interest at heart.
I think we are going to miss his contributions.

Allan
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Thanks guys, and thanks to Allan for your kind words. However, I must point out that no one person dictates how the club is perceived, or how it is run. The work I do can be seen and is tangible, but the rest of the committee and active members work just as hard, if not harder, making this fabulous enthusiasts' club what it is today.

Although I may no longer be editor, I will still be very involved, in the background, supporting the club.

I do hope we have a new editor by the end of the AGM and happily offer them any assistance they may require as they settle into their new role.

Cheers,
Phil
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I would like to add my appreciation of Philโ€™s work over the years and as Alan has said it has created a fine image of our club.
I firmly believe that our club attendance at the NEC has enabled it to become appreciated by a wider audience but more so with other classic car owners.
Glad to hear that membership has continued to rise which has got to be as a result of this professional image you have created.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I just want to add my praise of the work that Phil has done over the years as Editor of our club mag...while you have produced many outstanding issues over that time Phil I actually think this latest edition is your finest work to date. What a perfect way to exit...a great legacy to leave behind.

Somebody on the Committee...I believe now is the time to put our magazine forward to the Classic & Sports Car panel for the awards ceremony at this year's NEC Show.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Migge

Post by Migge »

Would like to say "Thank you very much" for many very good issues Phil. I'm curious if that can be topped or even be equal quality for the following magazines. It will be a difficult job to do so. Who ever the new editor will be, I'll try to send over a few pics and a few words as usual for each issue, if wanted.

Cheers
Migge
Special customized BRA289
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Another vote of thanks here - just finished reading latest edition this morning.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Again still waiting for my copy! I guess it's a case of "All good things come to he who waits" :cry:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)