Finally put her on the dyno!

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Azzy83
T289R Member
T289R Member

Finally put her on the dyno!

Post by Azzy83 »

Hi All,
After sorting out some recent fuel pump issues, and in general running a lil bit rich thought it was about time I give it a dyno tune...
Alot of jet changing ended up with 220hp out of the 39 year old 3.5.....
With recent head work/exhaust re-new and other changes the dyno place extracted another 30hp on how it was set up...
Which that does not sound like much but because of the light weight am very impressed with performance now :D
Thought might also share a pic....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Large

Re: Finally put her on the dyno!

Post by David Large »

Hi. Really good stuff. The car looks great. David
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Aaron, you must be pleased.
The plus point of an older engine is that it is well run in and loosened up. I recon that until to have 20-25K miles completed then it it’ s not settled in and loose enough to really rev.
I’m currently looking for a suitable rolling road who are prepared to adjust the Edlebrock carb after my head mods.
It appears the nearest RR must rely on the ECU adjusting the fuel as they don’t touch carbs!
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azzy83
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Azzy83 »

David Large wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:39 pm Hi. Really good stuff. The car looks great. David
Thanks David,
Very happy with the car at the moment, have been considering black wire wheels with chrome spinners...
To kind of tie in with the roof, been a little hesitant as would be very difficult to undo...
Azzy83
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Azzy83 »

peterc wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:48 pm Hi Aaron, you must be pleased.
The plus point of an older engine is that it is well run in and loosened up. I recon that until to have 20-25K miles completed then it it’s not settled in and loose enough to really rev.
I’m currently looking for a suitable rolling road who are prepared to adjust the Edlebrock carb after my head mods.
It appears the nearest RR must rely on the ECU adjusting the fuel as they don’t touch carbs!
Peter C
Hey Peter,
Really wish I did it earlier, theres only a handful of places in Melbs it’s a bit of a dying art.
Surely there is someone on here that would know someone with experience in your area? Maybe start a new thread?
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Aaron,
I think coloured wheels is a very personal thing. I have previously toyed with the idea of gold centres for my alloys but decided the plain no frills look is better.
Personally my view is chrome or silver wires look better than black. A relative in Melbourne has a pale green ( apparently Teal !) Morgan with colour coded wires. I’m sure chrome or silver wires would look better although I’m not normally a bling type person.
Everyone has their own preferences it would be a boring world if we all had things all the same.
I hope you are managing OK with the new lock down restrictions and curfew in Melbourne.
Peter C
Azzy83
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Azzy83 »

peterc wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am Hi Aaron,
I think coloured wheels is a very personal thing. I have previously toyed with the idea of gold centres for my alloys but decided the plain no frills look is better.
Personally my view is chrome or silver wires look better than black. A relative in Melbourne has a pale green ( apparently Teal !) Morgan with colour coded wires. I’m sure chrome or silver wires would look better although I’m not normally a bling type person.
Everyone has their own preferences it would be a boring world if we all had things all the same.
I hope you are managing OK with the new lock down restrictions and curfew in Melbourne.
Peter C

Yep still unsure on wheels :?
Yep, full lockdown....!!!
I am off work as most of Melb for the next 6 weeks. (Being in the construction field)
Looking at it ‘glass half full’ as am enjoying the family time and tinkering with the car :D
Hope there is a cure on it’s way as I think this will just be going around and around until there is one....
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Aaron, you know what they say about viewing the glass half full. The glass was designed by an engineer and is twice as big as it needs to be!
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Go for it Aaron...black wheels would compliment the roof beautifully. And make it look a little more menacing too:).
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"