Tool bag or tool roll for the car

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Tool bag or tool roll for the car

Post by amulheirn »

I was thinking about what I should be carrying around in the car now that it is driveable.

I had planned to get a T289R branded tool roll made up that members could buy, but there's just not enough spare time at the moment to do this. The rest of the committee have a similar problem, which is why we've advertised for a regalia officer in the latest mag. Hopefully someone will take that up.

Anyway - I thought a bit about tool rolls but realised they probably won't have enough space to keep things like a Thor hammer for the knock-offs. So maybe a bag would be better. Connell of Sheffield make one in a variety of sizes. (They also do leather tool rolls that can be customised with 7 characters on a small metal tag):

https://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/ ... -inch.html

Anyone got any better suggestions?

Cheers,
Andy
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Tool bag or tool roll for the car

Post by clive »

Tupperware box with imperial/metric spanners plus adjustable. Pliers, waterpump pliers and selection of screwdrivers. A few sockets and ratchet, couple of hose clips, electrical circuit tester, connector strip and Gorilla tape. Plus, most importantly, a Leatherman multi-tool. Oh, an RAC card in case myself and the ten other "experts" can't fix it!!! :?

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

My Daughters bought me this a few years ago.
Superb!
4E688E1D-F9D3-436F-9063-05BAC0C82650.jpeg
CD6507A5-873F-42B3-AE07-B56F1A3077E3.jpeg
8D7B6295-FDB6-4C72-BF96-A721F0C0FAD4.jpeg
http://www.tbcmainsite.co.uk/

Highly recommend

Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Andrew, I think that a tool bag is definitely the better way to go but you need to think about where you would like it in the car. The boot space is not that big when you have the hood, side screens and tonneau in there.
I have a canvas tool bag approx 17”x 6” x 6” which just about fits into the space at the bottom of the passenger footwell beyond the scuttle frame bracing. Covered with a loose piece of carpet to disguise its existence it also provides a suitable foot rest for the passenger.
The bag is just big enough for the scissor jack, handle, copper mallet and a handful of tools.
By turning the spare wheel face down provides more space for a block of wood ( to jack up on soft ground) , tow rope, fan belt and in my case the spinners for wire wheels as I normally use Ali wheels.
You could of course do what I believe Frank has done which is to create a purpose made box to fit into the passenger footwell.
Peter C