De Tomaso and Shelby in partnership

Other topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

De Tomaso and Shelby in partnership

Post by peterc »

Did you know that Shelby provided financial support for De Tomaso back in the ‘60’s to allow Peter Brock to design the car known as the P70.
Unfortunately they fell out and Shelby went on the help build the GT40 and De Tomaso hooked up with Ghia to finish the car.
De Tomaso is now working on a new car to celebrate their 60th birthday. Needless to say the price of this new car will be silly money ( north of £650k )
Peter C
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: De Tomaso and Shelby in partnership

Post by KevinW »

yertiz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AakNhHBIl78

I quite like the exterior, although it seems reminiscent of a Ferrari P4 (on steroids?), but the inside...hmmm, bit too brassy for me. ...not that I am likely to be purchasing one any time soon.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I agree. Far too much bling. Think of all the reflections you will get off those pods containing the dials.
I don’t wish to be a spoilsport but how long will it be before a pedestrian walks behind one of these hyper cars and gets a face full of exhaust and decides to sue the driver. The McLaren apparently spits flames so anyone showing off at the lights by blipping the throttle could be in the mire.
Even if I had the money I don’t think if would be on my buying list.
For that money you could have a garage full of interesting motoring.
Peter C
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

I have to say there is nothing to like about that car. My eye was drawn to the line of Astons behind it - now that a great looking car!
John
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!