Donington Noisy Day

Club events that are going on around the world
David Large

Re: Donington Noisy Day

Post by David Large »

I had a great time. The weather was a bit iffy but I had booked a pit garage so when it rained I put the car in the garage & had a cup of tea, the track dried out very quickly between showers.
48 people had paid for the day but only 36 turned up and there were some interesting cars. I really got into the swing of it and I was probably in the top 2 or 3 fastest on the day. I learned a huge amount about the Radical and I didn't come off the black stuff although lots of people did.

All in all a great day and huge fun.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

What was your top speed, David?
David Large

Post by David Large »

No speedos in racing cars, but on the start finish straight I was doing 10,000rpm in 6th gear which I compute as approximately 135mph.

David
David Large
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Awesome David, awesome!

I'm on track at Brands on Monday, shaking down the rebuilt motor on the FIA MGB plus having some fun with a 2006 MX5 I've bought just for fun!

Next Saturday, if all goes well Monday, The 'B' is entered in the ACOC Sprint at Goodwood:)
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
David Large

Post by David Large »

Good luck.

My season is now over - probably. I have a few bits to do to the car over the winter, looking forward to starting again in March 2015. Going to hibernate now.

David
David Large
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Enjoy your hibernation!

I'm pleased to report that Wil and I did about 30 laps at Brands and the B was brilliant. Felt quicker too :lol: Was actually 0.8 secs quicker than the Mazda!

Looking forward to Goodwood....
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
PeterT

Post by PeterT »

And taking a great risk with my subject matter in view of recent correspondence regarding "relevance to 289s" but following Colin and David's thread ie MGB and Radical, I have bought the MGC Roadster which John Chatham converted to a Sebring style back in the 80s. It has his own fast road engine with triple Webers, a stage 2 head, bigger valves, tubular manifold (David explained what that meant when he came to see me last week) etc and knocks out between 190-200 bhp. He converted 3 such roadsters only 2 of which survive, one was written off in a massive accident when a motoring journalist(who shall remain nameless) lost control in a side street and severely damaged 7 parked cars !
My wife who only goes in the BRA 289 under sufferance, and then only provided I do not exceed 50 mph AND do not accelerate to that speed faster than a bloke on a mountain bike going uphill, has said that because the seat is adjustable she fancies driving it ! And no I am not selling the BRA.
Bil,l I think you said you would approve....of the MGC Sebring that is ?
Peter
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

That does sound nice Peter, hope you get many miles of trouble free motoring out of her.
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Peter,

I think our wives are related!

Allan