NEC

Club events that are going on around the world
David Large

Re: NEC

Post by David Large »

Paul,

I don't think so at all. I decided to just pass on what the Piper guys said because I thought it was interesting that they had recovered their stand. They are a very small club with about 35 members and 10 cars in the UK. Their stand was not well located, had 2 cars on it and some data sheets scattered on the floor, but they said they were getting a fair number of visitors. They had a visit from the lady who organised the locations and she told them they would get a better location next year. She was also critical of the two stands by the Piper guys who had put up big partitions which they were not supposed to have done. She said that the Piper Club should tell her where they wanted to be in the show.....I suggested that they say next to the 289 Register.

I thought the show this year was very, very good and I walked around it from 10/15am until 5/45pm and I think I saw everything. That is a bonus that comes out of not being involved with a stand.

If we do want to try to get a stand back next year then we do need to make and keep contact with the organisers.

I didn't see Hawk Cars there.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Having visited this show over the last 6 or so years, it seems to me to be getting bigger and bigger and good mix of trade and car clubs (did not see Hawk there and I have seen most of it over 2 days).

The club would do well to get back in, if that's the way an appropriate way of putting it.

The only danger is that it will get so big that you need a whole weekend to see all.

Chris
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I think Hawk Cars would be at Total Kit Car Live at Brands hatch this weekend.

http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar/2 ... -live.aspx
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

They weren't at Brands either. I was at Gerry's on Friday... seems to me he's more and more after the Kirkham and "original" Cobras market, which is a lot about racing, so displays at Race Retro for instance. More money in it I guess, so can't blame him. He'll never forget it was the grp cars that took him there though.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I guess it boils down to cost and results. Gerry will have to assess where the best show to be is if there is more than one on any particular date.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Saw your Mustang go across the block, Chris... wish we`d know what you look like as we came to give moral support!!!
How are you feeling today, now that the deed is done?
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

nikbj68 wrote:Saw your Mustang go across the block, Chris... wish we`d know what you look like as we came to give moral support!!!
How are you feeling today, now that the deed is done?
Thanks for the thought.
To be honest I feel pretty rubbish, although it was the right thing to do, sad its gone.....

the only good thing is that I realized how many other types of classics that are out there and gave me a few ideas :lol:

Now going to give it some serious thinking time before I decide what to do, Helps that I have my '70 Mach 1 Fastback to finish off in next 6-9 months :|
Chris
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Hope you'll stay connected with our Club Chris :lol:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

OCD wrote:Hope you'll stay connected with our Club Chris :lol:
Colin, You can't get rid of me that easily :shock:

Already looking forward to the 2016 Le Mans classic and a dark and wet night at Arnage!

And then of course will be on the look out for another 289 or 427 powered motor, just can't say when and what yet....

Chris