Christmas Dinner

Club events that are going on around the world
Roger King

Re: Christmas Dinner

Post by Roger King »

PaulB wrote:
Roger King wrote:Paul, please count Morag and me in. How do we book?

Roger
You just have Roger. :)

Excellent. I'm delighted you can come. Do you both want to take part in the shooting?

Paul
Is the shooting on Saturday or Sunday? We may need to be back in Cambridge for Sunday afternoon.
If it's Saturday, yes, we'll both have a crack at it, thanks!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

The current plan is to have the shooting on Sunday morning, followed by a pub lunch somewhere, before departing for home. However, I'll ask around and see what people prefer because we can easily move it to Saturday afternoon if that's the consensus.

Paul
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I should make it clear that I'm not expecting people to come in their Cobras, but if the weather is half decent, then why not. :)

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

PaulB wrote:The current plan is to have the shooting on Sunday morning, followed by a pub lunch somewhere, before departing for home. However, I'll ask around and see what people prefer because we can easily move it to Saturday afternoon if that's the consensus.

Paul
Don't muck it about on our part - I'll see what I can do about Sunday. Your itinerary makes more sense.

edit - have stuck a dep in for the job on Sunday (didn't like the programme too much anyway), so all OK!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Does anyone else want to come along before I close the list? We've got a great group of people coming along, so it promises to be a good time. For those of you who haven't been to a T289R social event before, this could be a "soft" introduction for you and your partners because it doesn't necessarily involve the cars, which I know many wives and partners aren't too keen on. :wink:

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

PaulB wrote:...it doesn't necessarily involve the cars, which I know many wives and partners aren't too keen on. :wink:

Paul
Neither am I.
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Hi Paul,
Count me in, 2 places for dinner and overnight (double). As Im leaving the Cobra at home, the wife will come!
Allan
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Paul,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for such a lovely event last night - great food, exceptional company and a truly spectacular venue.

I hope the shooting passes without incident or casualty today (!) and I'm very much looking forward to my first event of the year with the car.

See you all soon

Best regards

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Lee,

It was my pleasure entirely and it was great to see you again.

The shooting went down extremely well and there were a few surprises in the scores. Henry Beven won the large bottle of Champagne as the top scorer with David Large coming a VERY close second. :)

It was all finished off with a hearty Sunday lunch at a local hostelry before everyone went their own way home.

We must do it all again soon.

Regards,
Paul
David Large

Post by David Large »

Paul,

Thanks for organising a great weekend, we really enjoyed it. I apologise for the problems I caused by locking my keys in the boot of the Freelander, I did inconvenience a few people :oops:

Cheers,

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!