Donington Historic Festival 2015

Club events that are going on around the world
David Large

Re: Donington Historic Festival 2015

Post by David Large »

My competitive activities for the May day weekend have been over ruled by my wife ........ we will be on a bellringing holiday! Please remove me from the list.

I damaged my Radical yesterday which also may curtail my competition for a few weeks. I spun off a very wet track, carried on spinning across a grass strip and hit the barrier backwards. No significant chassis damage fortunately.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Roger King wrote:Would have fancied this, but it clashes with the Stratford Festival of Motoring which I'm already down for. So nice to be spoilt for choice!
Is that Stratford, London or Stratford on Avon Roger? :)

Paul
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

David Large wrote:I damaged my Radical yesterday which also may curtail my competition for a few weeks. I spun off a very wet track, carried on spinning across a grass strip and hit the barrier backwards. No significant chassis damage fortunately.
Sorry to hear that David. I hope you're back up and running again shortly.

Mine is still up on axle stands awaiting a new fuel tank and time is running short. :|

Paul
David Large

Post by David Large »

PaulB wrote:
David Large wrote:I damaged my Radical yesterday which also may curtail my competition for a few weeks. I spun off a very wet track, carried on spinning across a grass strip and hit the barrier backwards. No significant chassis damage fortunately.
Sorry to hear that David. I hope you're back up and running again shortly.

Mine is still up on axle stands awaiting a new fuel tank and time is running short. :|

Paul
Well after a night's sleep things don't look so bad.

I have ordered the chassis subframe bits from Radical I need (a wallet emptying excercise), a mate of mine says he is going to repair the fibre glass bodywork (to save a major wallet emptying excercise) and another mate is going to make me a new silencer for the one that got wrecked.

All to be ready for a sprint at Aintree on April 25th - apparently if you go off the track and damage one of the horse jumps they charge you for the repair!

The 289 is going in for a service and a thorough inspection before we venture abroad in May and September.

David

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

There is currently a 20% additional discount promotion for this week only and with the club discount code, the ticket prices are only £10.50, £16.80 and £23.63 for 1, 2 and 3 day passes respectively.

This is an absolute bargain compared to Silverstone, which is getting ridiculous in my view.

Paul
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

HELLO
IS IT STILL POSSIBLE TO BRING 289 TO DONNINGTON FOR ONE OF THE DAYS.
SUNDAY WOULD BE BEST FOR ME BUT COULD CHANGE THAT.
IT WOULD BE MY FIRST REGISTER EVENT.
CAR NO. APN 155H.

CHRIS.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Chris,

No need to shout. :lol: (the use of capital letters is generally considered as shouting on forums).

Yes of course, you'll be very welcome. I'm assuming of course that you're a member. The booking code is in the newsletter, but I'll send it via PM later if you don't have it.

Paul
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

HELLO AGAIN
ENGINEERS TEND TO USE CAPITALS FOR CLARITY, ANYWAY.

I would like to attend on the Saturday.
Cant find club booking code for Donnington.
Joined late last year ish.

Hope to meet up on 3rd May

Best Regards

Chris.
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

Hi Chris
The club code was also sent out in an email to members on 13th Decenber and again on 10th Jan
If you still have no luck finding it pm either Paul or myself and we can send it to you.
The code is valid until 5pm on Saturday 25th April.
Will be good to see you there. I am planning on doing Sat and Sun
Andy