Re: Donington Historic Festival

Post by Paul Blore »

Booked for Saturday & Sunday.
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Unlikely to make it now I'm afraid Andy.

Thanks for sorting though.

Dave.
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

For those attending Donington, I now have more details available - stand number (37) and location map as well as access information.
We have also been allocated one place each day for the parade laps on Saturday and Sunday.
If you are attending, please send me a pm with your email address and I will forward the information to you
Andy
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Just got back from Donington. There were only 2 cars on our pitch, mine and Graham Thewlis's pale blue 289. I'd not met Graham before or seen his car. He didn't originally build his car, but he's done quite a bit to it since acquiring it, including respraying it pale blue and fitting a wraparound racing screen, which looks really good and very period. Well done Graham and we'll hopefully see you at Silverstone.
Apart from the on track action, there wasn't really much else to see and after a promising start, the weather produced snow, hail and rain in equal measures. Depending on the weather when I get up, I may go again tomorrow.

Paul
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

According to the info I received, there were 5 cars booked for Saturday, 4 for Sunday and one for Monday.
Maybe not get involved next year.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Andy,

Graham's 289 was the only car on the pitch on Sunday. The weather didn't look too promising, so I decided to give it a miss.

Dave Hill went on Saturday, but his Cobra was poorly, so he went in his tin-top. Nigel Pittard (agnoraan) went on Sunday, but the poor weather persuaded him to take his tin-top as well.

Paul