Cranleigh Classic Car Show

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Cranleigh Classic Car Show

Post by peterc »

Hi guys,
I have just had it confirmed that the Cranleigh Classic will be on Sunday 12th August.
Please reserve the date as it’s a good event with circa 2000 cars of all varities plus the usual stalls, both auto jumble and food.

Car registration opens on 9th April and as per last year you will need to register on line and quote that you want to be with the 289 Register.
The organisers will then allocate us the space needed for the quantity of cars that register. I will let the organisers know that we will want to be considered for a club pitch.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Cranleigh Classic Car Show

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys,
Registration for attending the Cranleigh Classic is now open and our club reference code is 9WSTC89 which should be quoted when filling in your details.

Please click Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show to register.

To be considered for parking at our club pitch you must have registered by 1st July.
As per last year there is a £5 entry fee which goes to charity. Air ambulance or similar. See their web site for this years charity.
Please pm me when you have registered so I can see how many members are attending. The aim is to exceed 12 Cobras which we had in 2016.
Peter C
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Homewood »

Hi Peter

That's 2 cobras from the 289.
Just registered so see you there.

Tony
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks Tony,
I need to send out some emails to highlight the event to those who don’t necessarily look at the forum.
Hoping that Andrew will have his car IVA’d by then.
Peter C
morgy

Post by morgy »

Hi

Do we really have to register? I would like to turn up if the weather is ok but i hate registering and saying i will turn up, take up a club place and not show due to poor weather :cry:

thanks
Mark
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Mark,
If you don't register then we don't get the space allocated to our pitch. Arrival on the day would then be a case of IF there is a spare space you can join us otherwise its in with the general crowd.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Just signed up for the show at Cranleigh, see you there ;-)
Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks for the info Nige.
And Owain ??
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Probably Owain as Ive paid for two, but his cars not finished
Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi, to all members in the South. I have been advised by Cranleigh Lions that we only have 5 cars registered for the Cranleigh Classic on 12th Aug.
We only have till the end of this month to register so the organisers can size our dedicated 289 pitch.
Please try to reserve this date for a good day out and register as advised earlier in this thread.

I only know names of three of us attending so those members who have NOT advised me yet they will be coming please send me a PM as it would be nice to have an advance list.
Peter C