GRRC Members meeting - 21/22 March

Club events that are going on around the world
Marsh

GRRC Members meeting - 21/22 March

Post by Marsh »

Evening everyone,

So, who's going to this event?

I'm intending to come down on Saturday and will book my tickets tomorrow.

I'll be driving down and back in the old hammer on the Saturday, so it would be lovely to meet up with any of the 289 fraternity.

I hope to god it's going to be a dry day, as my tonneau is currently being made up and I suspect it won't quite be ready...

...Thermals and waterproofs at the ready!

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Colin Newbold

Re: GRRC Members meeting - 21/22 March

Post by Colin Newbold »

Hi Lee,

Nicky and I are planning to be there both days, in the repaired Kirkham, all being well!

I have parking booked both days in the GRRC enclosure on the Lavant bank. While we'll almost certainly be there first thing in the morning, lunchtime, and last thing in the afternoon, I have a lot of mates racing so we'll be in the pits and paddock a lot of the time. If you want to see the car, why not come along to the Levant parking first thing Sat morning and we'll have a coffee and a bacon roll in the tent there?

Cheers,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

...And PLEASE take a camera, as we all want to see the resurrected Cobbie!!!
Fingers crossed that there are no last-minute issues, wish I could be the to see it for myself. :(
Have a great weekend, all.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Janette & I will be there in the Cob, parking on Lavant Bank both days :D
Dave
1965 Mustang Fastback
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Fantastic!

I'll see you all there.

So, I guess I need to upgrade to Lavant Bank then...

When I called on Thursday they still had slots available.

Lee
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Nicky can't be there on the Sunday now, so have a ticket for sale at mates rates :D
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Lavant Bank ticket purchased, waterproof trousers likewise, balaclava ordered and helmet/goggles now being seriously considered for my 300 mile round trip.

I've even taken the precaution of pre-warning my neighbours in our close that they'll be receiving a little wake up call circa 4am on the Saturday morning...

Bring it on :lol:

See you all there...

Lee
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

What time are we all aiming to arrive at Lavant Bank car park on Saturday morning? It would be great if we could all park together.

To get as near as you can to the GRRC marquee on the Lavant Bank (which is where Nicky and I intend to have breakfast), Nicky and I are aiming to arrive at about 07:30. Even then, I suspect the early birds will have taken the first 20-30 places. Problem is, I don't feel comfortable trying to reserve any spaces next to me...I think other car parkers would not be amused. It would therefore be great if we could all meet just outside and convoy in together, but that might be too early for you???

What do you think?

P.S. Have you received your GRRC Membership Packs yet, I know I haven't?
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Morning Colin

I aim to be there for 730 latest, so I'll be there early doors, subject to me recovering from the Influenza that I currently have. I may even choose to drive part way down on Friday as the thought of leaving home at 330 am on Saturday morning and spending 3 and a half hours frozen solid is enough to make me want to cry, if I'm honest. You wouldn't want to risk the ire of other members by trying to reserve spaces together - there'd be an absolute mutiny!

My pack came yesterday, so I am sure yours will be along presently.

Here's to a speedy and definitive recovery - I'm currently rattling like a 1979 Talbot Horizon with all the pills I'm taking!

L
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Best wishes for your health Lee, and here's hoping the journey doesn't bring on a relapse :oops:

Given what you write, do you want to park on the grass verge just before the enclosure until I get there, then we can go in together? I could probably make it 07:15 at a push.

My mobile is 07785 548 888.

Colin