Get together - Area meet Scotland

Club events that are going on around the world
289 AG

Get together - Area meet Scotland

Post by 289 AG »

Dear All
I have just joined the forum and like to say hello to everyone particularly members in Scotland. I have to say have had the desire for a 289 for so many years and was never brave enough to go near one as I did not want to be tempted with something I could not aspire to. I wondered if there is any area meeting as I do not have a car yet but getting to know the other owners would be valuable tool in choosing one.

It would be much appreciated if you can let me know of any monthly meet or if anyone is passing Edinburgh SW pm me please to arrange bleether? :D

Looking forward to hear from you
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Get together - Area meet Scotland

Post by clive »

Hi 289AG, and welcome.

You have posted at a very appropriate time as some of the Scottish contingent will be at the Bo'ness Revival on Sunday, so it will probably be the best time to meet up. http://www.bonessrevival.co.uk/ We don't get together too often as we do live a fair distance away from each other and this will probably be the last group meeting of the year, however, John Housego our club membership secretary who lives in Bridge of Allan is organising a weekend tour of Scotland for next year.

If you do make it to Bo'ness on Sunday, let us know and look us up.

PS A proper name will help. :D
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

Hi 289AG
Yes come along to Bo'Ness it would be great to see you and there will be a lot to see, options for cobras and a good day out even without seeing the cars...Cheers John
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

You might want to consider joining the club too if a 289 floats your boat!
Probably the best £35 you'd spend over 12 months ;) and plenty more excursions and info become available!

Post by 289 AG »

Hi all
Thank you all for your replies, this is tremendous help. I had considered going to Boness particularly to see you all Unfortunately I did not see this event on the forum :( :? and ended up posting this request I am a bit mad at myself as I had to commit myself to something else which I can not get out off.
I do not suppose anyone will be attending Selkik rally on 16th Sept if not I shall keep my eyes peeled on the Forum.

I do agree with all the replies sounds like I am in with a good crowd and look forward to meeting you all.

Regards Ahmad :D
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Ahmad,

I wasn't aware of the Selkirk Rally but it sounds like a good show. Unfortunately it seems it is too late to register. Ironically it is sponsored by Morris Leslie who are based just down the road from me at Errol.
Cheers, Clive.

289 AG

Post by 289 AG »

Hi Clive
I hope you all have good time tomorrow the weather looks promising sorry I still can not make it

Regards Ahmad :)
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Many thanks Ahmad. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances it looks like I won't be there either. Pity because it's such a good event.
No doubt we'll meet up soon.
Cheers, Clive.

John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

HI Ahmad, sorry you were not able to join us in Bo'Ness it was a great day. I too have not heard of the Selkirk Rally. We were talking about getting together before the weather changes for the worse so look out for events. If you fancied a trip out to Stirling you are welcome to meet up and talk all things cobra! Cheers John
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
289 AG

Post by 289 AG »

Hi John
I am delighted to know you had a good time. If there was another get together that will be brilliant I can understand it can be difficult with every body too far way to arrange a venue in a short time . I do really like to thank you for the offer to meet up with me in Stirling this is very kind of you , I shall PM you in the next couple of weeks to arrange a mutual convenient time pending on the weather and other development.

Thanks again Ahmad