Lucas SFB105 wiring

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Fireball

Lucas SFB105 wiring

Post by Fireball »

I'm struggling to find what's wrong with my indicators as it blows the fuse, bearing in mind I'm not using a pre-built loom and I'm going through all the switches etc. one at a time before I try and start the engine. I've concerns over the new lucas sfb105 flasher unit as it seems to be earthing on both side connections. I'm not using the central connection as I've taken the dash indicator lights from the wiring which supplies the main front/rear side lights so I can have a right and left dash light. Hope you can follow that, if not I can try and upload a sketch. Any ideas gratefully received..

James
Finally sorted Dax 'AC 289' after 4 years in the wilderness.
Fireball

Re: Lucas SFB105 wiring

Post by Fireball »

I think the culprit has been found - it's the new SB105 flasher unit I bought. I used an old generic flasher unit and it kept going on and off! Another new SB105 ordered....
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Fireball wrote:I used an old generic flasher unit and it kept going on and off!
I think they're supposed to do that...

Interested to hear how the three-terminal type work with just the two connections, as that's what I'm planning to use, with the DB10 relay. Does it work now?
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I'll have to wait for a new 3 pin sfb105 to arrive - if it doesn't work I'll have to dummy connect the lucas and put the generic behind the dash.. I'll keep you posted Roger.