Re wire

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Roger King

Re: Re wire

Post by Roger King »

Been around a very long time, that smoke article (before it appeared on ebay) - it got a bit 'cleaned up', but is still very clever.
Marsh

Re wire

Post by Marsh »

The Lucas Smoke strand is a work of absolute genius - I've just choked on my tea.

On the basis that Paul, Roger and I (at the very least) cannot enjoy a full night's sleep until we've acquired some new old stock smoke, is there any possibility we could bulk buy some on behalf of the club for us and other members?

I've tried some of the smoke available from other clubs, but they seem to be making it in a shed in Corby.

The smoke could be packaged in a special (square) Trico washer bottle presentation case...

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Smoke for original cars came in a Lucas 2SJ glass washer bottle
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

I walked straight into that one Roger and should have suggested the option of of Lucas 2Sj for 289 owners or the square Trico for 'other' Cobra's...
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Robin I already have a jar I keep for my Elan :roll:

Roger you need to get out more..................

No, you need to get out !

Any way I am now fitting silent ride door locks, and I don't have any pics of that either, but I can tell you if you are contemplating doing this to an early BRA - go to the pub instead.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !