Wheels

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Marsh

Wheels

Post by Marsh »

As some of you may be aware, I'm considering fitting an alternative set of wheels to my car, in addition to my currently fitted Hallibrands, which I'm probably going to retain.

I have been looking at the Sunburst wheels that were fitted to around 100 or so of the 3300 series 427 cars and there's a dentist in Canada (yes, really) who makes them. Sadly, he's not very forthcoming when it comes to email correspondence, so given the cost $900 CAD per wheel, plus shipping and duty, I'm getting cold feet.

Mindful that I'm looking to use 7.5 inch wheels all round, I'm also looking at the Trigo FIA wheels, as they will also look 'just so', especially in the 'as blasted' finish.

Now I'm no expert in the field of off sets and back spacing, but is there any reason why these wheels wouldn't be suitable as they're less than half the price, but would still look great and appear to have a generous back space of 3.3 inches or so, which appears to be similar to what my car already has.

Anything obvious I'm missing here chaps?

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Wheels

Post by nikbj68 »

Probably the economies of volume and supply & demand...Trigo probably push out more wheels in a month than Lain the Canadian dentist has made since I saw his first posts on ClubCobra in 2010/11!!!
[edit] just been through ClubCobra, has anyone actually had a set from him? They look great, but (no pun intended) did the Dentist bite off more than he could chew?
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:Probably the economies of volume and supply & demand...Trigo probably push out more wheels in a month than Lain the Canadian dentist has made since I saw his first posts on ClubCobra in 2010/11!!!
[edit] just been through ClubCobra, has anyone actually had a set from him? They look great, but (no pun intended) did the Dentist bite off more than he could chew?
Hey buddy, cool it with the dentist jokes.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

That's the trouble with dentists, they always look down in the mouth....Sorry Rog, couldn't resist :D

Cheers...Nige
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Probably need to drill down into this some more before you fill your boots, otherwise you may end up with a severe cavity in your wallet.

Brace yourself for some big expenditure, and don't expect to get it all on a plate, perhaps build a bridge with the dentist ?
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Good grief.

Haven't you lot got homes to go to?
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Poor Roger is getting paranoid... so many dentist jokes, he thinks he`s in `em all...
(in em all... enamel...No? :oops: Ok... I think Cobstang will take the crown with his offerings... I have a filling we haven`t heard the last yet though...)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:Poor Roger is getting paranoid... so many dentist jokes, he thinks he`s in `em all...
(in em all... enamel...No? :oops:
What? What?

No! 2 out of 10!
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

2 is most generous, Sir... Even I didn`t give myself 2th for that, but Cobstang deserves k9!!!
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

My pappy always said to keep something in reserve, but lean back and relax, I am not going to give you any more needle, I shall go now........ its been a gas !
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !