spinner removal

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Roger King

Re: spinner removal

Post by Roger King »

...or rubber. I'll have leather though, with some nice straps to tie ropes to and... oops, wrong forum
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

It look great - I'm assuming that one for two-eared spinners can also be fabricated..
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

catsx11 wrote:Looks good Nige, and great value.
Just a thought, for those of a more sensitive nature towards their cars, could they be machined to allow for leather between the mating surfaces as an option? or don't you think it necessary?
I would think it's doable, but the tool hasn't marked my spinners as yet :wink:

Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

DavidP wrote:It look great - I'm assuming that one for two-eared spinners can also be fabricated..
Hi David,
Lionel makes spinner removal tools for all sorts of cars, so I would assume that two eared ones could be fabricated without too much trouble. He makes tools for the two eared spinners on E types, so that may well fit yours

Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

agnoraan wrote:
DavidP wrote:It look great - I'm assuming that one for two-eared spinners can also be fabricated..
Hi David,
Lionel makes spinner removal tools for all sorts of cars, so I would assume that two eared ones could be fabricated without too much trouble. He makes tools for the two eared spinners on E types, so that may well fit yours

Nige
He's making one for my two-eared AC spinners so he should have a pattern any day now, I think they're nearly done.
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

That's fantasic news - just have to work out what two-earred ones i have.
I'm sort of assuming they are MGB ones!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

DavidP wrote:That's fantasic news - just have to work out what two-earred ones i have.
I'm sort of assuming they are MGB ones!
What car? Have they got anything written on them - 'AC' perhaps? Same as mine if so.
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Unfortunately no, it is one of those things when building your car you know everything about it. When buying one you don't really know what you've got and you then go on a longer journey of discovery, discovery of just what "you've" bought.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Well - is it a Hawk? If so, same as MGB, AC Cobra, TR2-3-4-5-6, Healey 3000 (early) etc.
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Roger,
It's a BRA but the early Tyler version. Featured in a magazine which helpfully gave some information. I have managed to speak with various people about various bits.