4 Life (or For Life) antifreeze

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Wynterburne

4 Life (or For Life) antifreeze

Post by Wynterburne »

Hi

Has anyone used this product or know if it is any good? It is not cheap that I do know.

It is advertised by Holden and may possibly be the same as Toyota recommend.

Thanks

Richard
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: 4 Life (or For Life) antifreeze

Post by clive »

Hi Richard,
I'm not aware of this anti freeze, but a word of warning to Cobra owners, Older engines such as the Ford engines some of us have should only use Blue anti freeze as opposed to the more modern Pink ones.
This is similar to the oil issues. Apparently there are corrosion inhibiters in the pink anti freeze that can damage the seals in older engines and should therefore be avoided.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
tasmin289

Post by tasmin289 »

Hi; the only ingredients are bog standard off the shelf anti freeze and de-ionosed water in equal quantities. If you have hard tap water in your area, it will be beneficial to use, but you may as well make your own, it'll be cheaper. 4 life anti freeze helps prevent lime scale build up in cylinder head waterways, which can cause hot spots and then cracked heads.

Paul.S
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I used Forlife neat (or it's pointless) for 10 years in one Healey 3000, 6 years in another and 4 years in my Interceptor. It's very good - no signs of problems anywhere, ever. Never changed it, just drained to do engine work and put it back in again, as the manufacturer suggests.
Two years ago I switched over to Evans, as it makes superior claims for cooling. I'm not convinced they're well founded, but it too works well neat.
I haven't used standard antifreeze/water mixes in my proper cars for over 15 years, and I'm not about to go back to them. I had to drain the Healey's system a few months before I sold it (fool), and after 10 years the fluid was bright, clean pink, the waterways clean and smooth. The only drawback is the cost.