Trico Washer Bottle

For Sale and Wanted Section
Marsh

Trico Washer Bottle

Post by Marsh »

On ebay UK, as we speak, a square Trico windscreen washer kit, NOS for £85 plus postage. Ideally suited to 427 type cars.

Now, this is a deeper 'bottle' than originally fitted to the 427, but is a very suitable alternative and absolutely period. It would have to be mounted on the bulkhead, rather than on the right hand footbox, given the extra height.

I bought a similar one last week and it arrived today, still in it's original packaging and with all fitments. It is described as a 'rear washer' kit, but would appear to require very little modification for a front screen. For the asking price, it's almost worth it just for the bottle alone.

If you have a 427 type Cobra, then this is a lovely period item that's as rare as the proverbial.

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Trico Washer Bottle

Post by KevinW »

I have the correct one, as fitted to 427Rs rather than S/Cs, but it took me over a year of regular ebay hunting.
They do come up occasionally, larger ones a bit more frequently as they were fitted to a number of other cars (Austin Maxi i think was one).

The problem is that the lids come in a variety of different designs, frequently with motors built in, which is no good.
The key to success is to look for the right size bottle, which is the hard part, and then to get the right lid design, which can come from a different height bottle. The lids and bottles came in about 3 different sizes - ebay sellers will usually let you know dimensions so you can make a 'bitsa' that looks spot on.

Period correct Trico stickers can be obtained from the US.