Well, that didn't fit

General Cobra & Ace topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Well, that didn't fit

Post by peterc »

By coves do you mean the rather large air outlet ducts to vent air from inside the wheelarch as per GPG 4C.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Pete, thats the plan, but hopefully a little more aesthetically pleasing than GPG 😉
Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Excuse the picture but something like this should give an idea of the shape. I want it to follow the lines and curves of the body

I'm undecided whether to make it in aluminium and leave it raw, or to make it in fibreglass and paint it body colour. It'll be about 3-4" deep at the front of the curve, but deeper as it gets to the inner arch

Nige
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

You wouldn't want to copy the front of GPG 4C after it was modified at Goodwood! :shock:

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Bergered! 😵
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

That must have been a hell of a crash!
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

50/60 mph impact that.
I had a head on in a Jag X type when someone crossed double whites and hit me head on and the front end was gone. I was doing 40. Much better crash protection in a more modern Jag.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Gerhard Berger was told “ New Brakes; Easy”, but at the end of Lavant, he had ‘forgotten’, ran off the track & into the tyres at Woodcote. Probably closer to 100mph, but the tyres soaked up some of the speed, he walked away.

I left a Citroen CX2400 GTi looking similar after hitting an asphalt laying machine at around 50mph... I moved it backwards almost a foot!😳
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Some parts have come for the front suspension, so I was able to assemble most of it, just waiting on the new shocks and springs now. After quite a bit of work to the suspension mounting points I'm now able to get 3 deg negative camber instead of the positive it had been running. It will also allow me to use the Avon CR6ZZ 245 60 15 tyres I've had for a while too, as it now tucks the front of the tyre inside the front arches. In the pic it still has the 225 60 15 tyre in place

Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Some parts have come for the front suspension, so I was able to assemble most of it, just waiting on the new shocks and springs now. After quite a bit of work to the suspension mounting points I'm now able to get 3 deg negative camber instead of the positive it had been running. It will also allow me to use the Avon CR6ZZ 245 60 15 tyres I've had for a while too, as it now tucks the front of the tyre inside the front arches. In the pic it still has the 225 60 15 tyre in place

The car will now also have new front shocks and springs, upper and lower ball joint, discs, Yellowstuff pads, rebuilt calipers and eurethane bushes, followed by getting it all set up correctly

Nige