Post by db replicas »

DaleB wrote:I knew you wouldn't be able to keep it in your trousers for long :D
I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. :shock:
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Re: Where's the Daytona section?

Post by the289admin »

I've changed the subtitle of the 'General 289' forum to indicate it is for 289s, FIA, Daytona and Aces - not that Aces had 289s in them, but I don't think there's enough contribution from Daytona and Ace owners to warrant a separate area. We can revise this at any time if the community thinks otherwise.

Regards
the289admin
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

It's not enough to make any kind of fuss about, but speaking entirely personally I feel (only a bit, don't want to offend) that there could be a risk of becoming another general Cobra Club as the '289 emphasis' is gradually eroded. Does the 'General Cobra' section we already have not cover non-289s?

Maybe, given the diversity of membership and the general cameraderie, we should become something like 'The Cobra Register for people we like (and their partners)'?

Just a thought - I'll shut up now.

edit - re-read all the above - surely 'General 289' already includes FIAs and Daytonas?
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Maybe I'm being a bit dense, but why would the General 289 section cover Aces? :?

I agree that it will cover FIA's and Daytonas though.

I think that there may be an argument for changing the club name to include all "Cobras", but we need to retain the emphasis on originality so that we don't got inundated with Cobra lookalikes rather than true replicas. Maybe we should have The 427 Register with a common committee between the two groups.

The social side of the club is vitally important and the "friendly" nature is often cited as being one of the main reasons for joining/remaining as a member. However, that shouldn't be reason enough to join, or for "us" allowing someone to join. Maybe the membership application should be just that, an application and the committee could decide on applications.

I'm playing Devil's advocate to some extent based on comments that have been made by members to me at various times, but we don't want to dilute or lose the things that make the club special.

Thoughts?

Paul
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I suspect a can of worms has just been opened!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Hope not, Clive. I'd suggest we stay exactly as we are, with a '289' section, and a 'General Cobra and Ace' section. That keeps it as T289R but is inclusive.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi guys one and all,
I agree with Roger that 'General Cobra' can cover anything that's not strictly 289. We don't need to meddle with the sections we already have and dilute the unique blend of our current status.

To go further and meddle with the clubs current recipe by changing its name would ruin the hard work undertaken by numerous individuals to get us recognised as a Classic Car Club and not just another kit car club.

Paul, can I remind you that at an AGM the members voted to dissuade any new members wishing to join who owned 427's. This was based on the belief that the CRC were having issues at that time, and we were concerned that there might be an influx of people transferring over that might not share our ethos. The concern was that we did not want to dilute our clubs image which emphasised originality.

Peter C