Blockley Tyres

General Cobra & Ace topics
stu60
T289R Member
T289R Member

Blockley Tyres

Post by stu60 »

Just had 4 new Blockley 205/70 R15 tyres fitted at Blockley tyres near Moreton in Marsh.

-Excellent service, weights fitted on inside good care taken of wheels. you have to take the wheels (not car) to them to have fitted.
- tyres look good and performed well on first trip.
- reasonable (not cheap) prices.

replaced some Pirelli 4000's which i hadn't realised were >10 years old albeit in perfect visual condition. i was only able to check the age date code of them with wheels off as code installed on inside...worth checking!

I can thoroughly recommend Blockley.
Stuart
Jerryedmans
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Blockley Tyres

Post by Jerryedmans »

I find I have to be very careful in the wet with Blockleys
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I find I have to be very careful in the wet. Full stop!

Having said that, I changed to Blockleys after more than 40,000 miles on Pirellis and I think the Blockleys are as good if not better. Last year coming home from Silverstone I had over 400 miles in atrocious rain on both motorway and country roads and as long as you treat the car with respect in those conditions it handled a treat.

What pressures are you using?
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Did you have tubes?
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Tubeless. I've never had any issues with tubeless tyres on the MWS wire wheels. I might loose about 2lb psi over a year if that.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I have a new set of Blockleys on my new MWS Jag wheels for the XK. They look great, and have performed perfectly, no slipping, sliding or loss of grip at all. Very pleased. Mind you, they are still sitting in a pile at the back of the garage whilst the bare shell's away getting painted...
IMG_9581.jpg
Fitting tubes or not is not a choice - some MWS wheels were designed for tubes, later ones were not. You cannot interchange safely, and MWS will refuse to fit tubes if not appropriate. The rim bead design is different, apparently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karl

Post by Karl »

For a view on the Blockley Tyres when compared with well known brands I have found a good test in a German car magazine:
www.vredestein.de/classic/news/vredeste ... eifentest/
When you are on the page scroll down until you see the picture with the Austin Healey 3000 and you can see the complete test.
Karl