Welsh tour for 2020 - 4th to 7th Sept

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Welsh tour for 2020 - 4th to 7th Sept

Post by peterc »

Hi, members one and all.
I would like to propose a week end tour of Wales in 2020.
Yes, I know it’s a long way ahead but the activity center I have in mind has already got 26 bookings between May and August so dates disappear very quickly. They are taking bookings for 2021 already including the CRC.
Location is Llanerchindda Farm, Cynghordy, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, SA20 0NB. You can check if out on the web.
Initial dates offered are as follows.
4 nights - Friday 22nd May to Tues 26th May. (8 twins plus 1 single available )
4 nights - Friday 21st August to Tues 25th Aug. (12 twins/ doubles plus 1 single available )
3 nights - Friday 4th Sept to Monday 7th Sept. ( 10 twins/doubles plus 1 single available)
I am advised that these dates will disappear when they attend the NEC Classic if not before.
Costs for 2020 as follows
Either 4 nights with 3 days touring at £345 pp which includes breakfast and afternoon tea and cakes plus 3 course evening meaL Or only 2 tours ( do you own thing on one of the days) at £330. There are also other activities on offer which we could investigate.
I believe there would be an option of staying only 3 nights with 2 tours at £260 pp if we decide that 4 nights / 3 days is too long.
Personally I feel that if you have made the long haul to get there from home then it’s probably better to go for the 4 night break.
Normally their min / max is 6 / 15 cars. I believe they might have an option of using other accommodate if we wanted to exceed the numbers quoted for the dates specified above but let’s gauge members interest first then I can enquire about excess numbers if needed.
First hurdle is can you show commitment to any of these dates and if we can agree on the best option for our 289 members then we would all need to phone the farm and give them our credit card details as a deposit.
My recent visit was with the CRC who have now used the farm twice and have booked a third visit.
I can advise that the owners are very friendly, food excellent and overall it was a good week end regardless of the variable weather.
Please pm me if you are interested so I can try to organise something ASAP and reserve a date.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Welsh tour for 2020

Post by peterc »

I have been advised that the May dates for the potential Welsh Tour are likely to be close to or clash with Spa so please ignore those and concentrate on the Aug or Sept dates.
A typical day is buffet breakfast at 8.00. Route briefing at 9.30 and start route at 10.00.
Afternoon tea & cakes from 4.30 and the dinner at 7.30. You won’t go hungry!
The fixed dinner menu is advised at breakfast which allows you to then advise any dietary needs. Alcoholic drinks are available from an honesty bar.

The farm provides the route books that will have been used several times such the wrinkles will have been ironed out.
The pack includes the tulip diagrams for the route plus a marked up map 1” to 2.25 miles which you keep.
They have numerous options of routes but I can only advise a typical route as per the two we embarked upon recently.
Day 1 - Epynt ranges, Brecon Beacons, and South Wales reservoirs distance of 103 miles
Day 2- Llyn Brianne reservoir , Tregaron, Aberaeron and Llanerchaeron House. ( a NT property) total of 85 miles.

The route book advises coffee stop suggestion and of course fuel stops including those that have a premium grade available.
Numerous other car clubs make use of the farm so the dates get booked up quickly.
Therefore please let me know if you are interested ASAP.
Peter C
DSC_6119R.jpg
Arriving to park in our dedicated place in front of the NT house.
DSC_6102R.jpg
view from the terrace of the farm where afternoon tea is taken and the pre dinner drinks
Last edited by peterc on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Looks good but sadly the dates won’t work for me. 👍🏻
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

An update on the current status for the potential 2020 Welsh tour.
We only have three members interested. Of these two are happy with either date and one the September dates.
Two others have contacted me but not replied on specific wishes.
Just a reminder that If we do not move soon and book one of the of the dates then someone else will book them and we will lose out.
So if you are interested then please let me know and confirm your intent so I can book before the dates disappear.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I have now reserved the Sept 4th date for our 2020 Welsh Tour as we have now achieved our minimum of 5 cars.
The cost is £260 pp for the three nights.
This includes tea and cakes each afternoon, three course dinner each night and full English breakfast each morning.
Also included are the route maps for us to follow for the two days. Distance circa 100 miles per day so easily achieved on a tank full of petrol.
I have had 5 members stated they wish to proceed so that enabled me to reserve the dates. Everyone now needs to ring the farm on 01550- 750274 and quote their credit card number to guarantee their place although payment is not taken until the date of the event. The event is open to all fully paid up members of The 289 Register.
There is an additional 5 rooms still available which I can reserve till the end of the month. If you wish to join us then phone the farm to reserve your place but also let me know so I can keep my list up to date.
Peter C
Gordon Matthews

Re: Welsh tour for 2020 - 4th to 7th Sept

Post by Gordon Matthews »

Just joined as new member reg SKK207H.
Would love to join Sept 2020 Welsh tour.
Have booked with Lynne at the Farm.
Look forward to meeting the rest of the group in due course.
Gordon & Kirsteen.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Gordon,
You've registered a forum account, but you haven't quite joined as a member.
This is signified by your name being in Blue and not Pink, (unless you have manually completed a form and sent a cheque that is?)
It is relatively simple to do by clicking the "join the 289 Register" on the homepage. You can log in on that page with your forum ID and password to maintain your username and password.
Let me know if you have any issues
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Gordon,
I do hope you choose to join the 289 Register to take advantage of the clubs activities and magazine. On a recent Scottish Tour 2 new members were very pleased with the welcome they rec’d from us. The fact that our membership has increased considerably in the last year must be an indication that we are a friendly bunch of car nuts.
As I have been the organiser for the Welsh tour could you be kind enough to let me know if you have joined. I am expecting that once the club magazine has been delivered that we should get a few more members join us for the Welsh tour. There are still rooms available.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Update on the availability of the Welsh Tour in Sept 2020.
6 places now reserved and another 4 twins and 1 single still available.
I doubt these spare rooms will continue to be available after the Farm exhibits at the Classic Car Show at the NEC so you need to book your place ASAP.
Please phone the farm to reserve your space and please let me know as well.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Just a quick reminder about the 2020 tour in Wales. When the farm exhibits at the up and coming NEC Classic we may lose any spare rooms, so if you are interested I suggest you contact the farm asap.
It would be nice to have a few more members take part.
Peter C