Compact jack for boot of the car

289, FIA & Daytona topics
MartBlak
Forum member
Forum member

Re: Compact jack for boot of the car

Post by MartBlak »

I have a Gardner Douglas 427 with a 1965 289 engine. The petrol tank is in the boot and with tools, spares and weather gear there is not much room left!
MartBlak
Forum member
Forum member

Post by MartBlak »

Hi Peter. I have a Gardner Douglas Mk3 with a 1965 Ford 289 engine and the petrol tank in the boot. With a tonneau cover, skinny hood, tools, emergency water & petrol containers and tools, there is not really not much space for spare wheels as well as any luggage.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I think we all know the limited space in a Cobra boot once you have added side screens and a hood plus the bows. All Hawks have a spare wheel well but I have not plucked the courage to dispense with the wheel to get space for other items needed when going away for a few days.
Peter C
MartBlak
Forum member
Forum member

Post by MartBlak »

I have tried answering your question twice Peter but the site seems to have some problems!
I have a Gardner Douglas Mk3 with a 1965 289 engine. The petrol tank is effectively in the boot so with a can of petrol, water, tools and spares, wet weather gear and even some luggage.......there isn't much room left.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi MB,

I can see both of your replies re your GD Mk3.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
MartBlak
Forum member
Forum member

Post by MartBlak »

Thanks Clive. I kept getting a message saying the site couldn't take the message at present.
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Sorry, bit late joining the party on this one. I found a scissor jack on line a couple of years ago, German job called 'alca'. Has 320mm lift, weight capacity .8tns and when collapsed fits exactly inside the spare wheel.
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

allan horsfall wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:21 pm Sorry, bit late joining the party on this one. I found a scissor jack on line a couple of years ago, German job called 'alca'. Has 320mm lift, weight capacity .8tns and when collapsed fits exactly inside the spare wheel.
Thanks Alan - good tip - my scissor jack was 1" too long for the spare wheel well.
Have just bought the one you recommended - perfect fit !! Well made jack.

Thanks again
Phil.