Carcoon Standing Up Well

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Colin Newbold

Re: Carcoon Standing Up Well

Post by Colin Newbold »

I used something similar Peter, but it began to break down a couple of years later. I'll certainly have a look for Ruberoid Waterproofing Paint...I take it you apply it to the inside (when walls are dry enough as you say)?
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

You might need to paint something onto the concrete first Colin to stabilise it and give a good surface to apply the paint onto.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Personally, I've given up trying to water proof pits. I've had various pits over the last 35 years and all have got damp. The current one has a heavy-duty industrial grade plastic DPC and impermeable blockwork set in place with waterproof concrete infill behind. It's painted with a rubberised waterproof paint - but still lets the water in. We are right on the water table which obviously doesn't help. The base has a sump built in to take a small pump if it gets bad (easy - just stick a bucket in the cement of the floor before it goes off, then remove when set).
A friend who runs the garage round the corner reckons the only way to get one waterproof is to tank it - i.e. build it out of welded metal, in effect. This can produce other problems as in extreme cases pits have been known to try to float when the water table is high - basically you then get the weight of the displaced water pushing up the garage floor, which can get very nasty. There are also electrical/fuel implications for a tanked pit.
Learn to live with your moistness, Colin! Erm...
Migge

Post by Migge »

Complete dry and made from concrete, incl. steel gate approx. 6m x 3m wide for about 2k GBP. Just make the the goundwork by yourself.

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h ... oQrQMILDAF
Special customized BRA289
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

2k is what size? full size double garage?
I have a concrete base already, but its damp....like everything else inside the garage.
Migge

Post by Migge »

Well,

I wrote 6m x 3m, a big single. You can find on their page all sizes. It was just an example anyway. They are in Germany!
Special customized BRA289
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

- sorry, thank you, was reading too quickly.