Hawk FIA

289, FIA & Daytona topics
simonjrwinter

Re: Hawk FIA

Post by simonjrwinter »

It doesn't need to be re- registered if it has "Cobra" anywhere in the description. The DVLA (VOSA) are already aware that it's a kit car so no further action is needed.
It doesn't say RAM on the V5 so why is it being called a RAM? it not a RAM chassis......

Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I would be a lot happier if this conversation were to be continued in private amongst those who wish to do so. I get very twitchy about suggestions around 'reporting' cars with question marks over their provenance etc. - 'buyer beware' is a well-established maxim, but I do not believe it is in the Club's interest to start making public pronouncements about cars that it does not know the definitive history of. That is the seller's business, and all risk involved is the concern of the seller and any buyer. I'd just ask that we all remember what happened recently with the Bugatti OC and what that triggered with the DVLA - a lot of stress, difficulty and financial implications for many people, which is probably not over yet. We have perfectly legitimate cars in our Club which were registered a long time ago and have documentation which would not now be considered acceptable, but was at the time. Who knows what might turn up as a result of public speculation, and what the knock-on effects might be? Best not on this forum, I think.
Migge

Post by Migge »

I can only agree.
Special customized BRA289
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Ditto.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Very wise Roger - I'd agree.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Roger makes a very valid point and I would ask that you all be very considered about what you post on the club forum in that regard.

A careless comment could have significant repercussions on the value of someone's treasured possession as well as raise unwanted questions elsewhere that could potentially have far reaching repercussions for all of us..

Thank you,
Paul