Exhaust problem

289, FIA & Daytona topics
scarab
T289R Member
T289R Member

Exhaust problem

Post by scarab »

Hi all does anyone know of a good exhaust guy who works in stainless as I have to rethink the pipes on the daytona, as I live in Oxfordshire I need someone in that region
Graham Nutt
PeterA

Re: Exhaust problem

Post by PeterA »

Good morning Graham
Having recently gone through a similar exercise for my FIA Cobra I can offer two suggestions, both very capable but with very different business models. This area is rich in motor racing fabrication shops but prices can vary dramatically.

BTB exhausts Ltd
Units 3 - 5 The Beaver Centre, Woodford Halse, Daventry, NN11 3DP
Tel 01327 261797
sales@btbexhausts.co.uk.
A larger business with several employees and several fabrication bays. Very experienced and complete with all the usual 3D CAD facilities and test shops. Very motor sport orientated, good stocks, wide experience, a very professional outfit and friendly to deal with. When I attended to discuss my need there was a Daytona in one of the bays being fitted so they have details already. They estimated a stainless system for the Cobra at £1300+ vat using underfloor silencer boxes, these would provide good performance and meet Goodwood noise limits.

Exhaust by Design
Unit 2 Westwell Farm
Barton Road
Tingewick
Bucks MK18 4BD
01280 0847756
exhaustbydesign@yahoo.co.uk
A one man band business but well equipped with the necessary tube manipulation and swaging equipment. Graham Frankland is very experienced and very capable but can be difficult to contact as he is literally alone and answers phones etc whem not fabricating. He has limited stocks and tends to buy in what is needed for a project. That said I found him easy to talk to, he listens, adds his experience arrives at a design to suit your expectations and then builds it. I opted for Graham who built a stainless steel repackable side pipe system and installed it for £630 all in. The system is everything I hoped for, very neat, unobtrusive and sounds perfect.

Good luck, all the best
Peter
scarab
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by scarab »

Hi Peter
Thanks for the info, I went with Exhaust by Design, work starts on Tuesday
Graham
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Peter
If would be good to see pictures of he end result. Perhaps add to the wiki.
The main reason I didn't have the correct side pipes were that Gerry only sold CS versions. After a few years I had the full length Hawk system modified to push the first two silencers out towards the cills and up close to the floor. Surprisingly found a route up and over the Jag rear so a lot more ground clearance.
The cost sounds very reasonable as I paid more than that to get the bits to modify mine re using Gerry's silencers and as much as possible of the original piping.
Peter C