Powered by Ford Emblems

289, FIA & Daytona topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Powered by Ford Emblems

Post by clive »

Roger King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 pm I didn't think you were, Dave! However, it's worth having a think. I did it the hard (read expensive) way! I had them on my Hawk, and without thinking, or doing my research, I automatically drilled the holes for them on my current car, and fitted them. Then the penny dropped, and you wouldn't believe how much it cost to get four little holes welded up and the paint reinstated by the body shop. One of my more expensive mistakes....

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Come on, now, Clive. Original badges were retained by two pins cast into the base and rectangular spring clips.

Or was that a suggestion for covering the holes?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I had a box of Spire Speed Nuts for exactly that job, but for us mere mortals with plastic cars, the pins aren't long enough hence the tape. If you hadn't been such a purist Roger, and stuck them on, think of the grief you would have saved! 😉
Cheers, Clive.

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I used the pins on my Hawk!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

To be honest I can't remember why I stuck them on. I think it's because I had the indicator repeaters there for SVA and didn't want to drill holes for the pins incase I needed to refit the repeaters.
Cheers, Clive.

Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Best to remove the pins and use the highest quality 3M double sided tape. If ever you have to remove, you will need to insert a plastic spatula thingy under the badge and very gently prize it off without damaging the paintwork. The positioning of the US-version badges is fairly crucial...best done by studying pics of original US cars off the web and then using Blue Tack to get it right (need to stand away from the car and check it's horizontal) and then masking all around it before applying the badge.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Thanks Clive. That’s how I attached the bonnet and boot emblems and they haven’t moved in 12 years 👍.

Since Rogers comment re LHD vs RHD these emblems have remained in their packaging. Appetite to attach them has faded.

Dave.