Rolling roads in Surrey/Hants

289, FIA & Daytona topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Rolling roads in Surrey/Hants

Post by peterc »

Can anyone recommend a decent rolling road in either Surrey or Hampshire area.
Surrey Rolling Road in Farnborough cannot adjust carbs but will advise on air/ fuel ratios but they are busy until after 7th Sept.
Rawles Motorsport near Upper Froyle are at capacity and only doing work for trade customers.
Basically I am wanting to get the Edlebrock carb checked before our run down to Wales on 4th Sept having modified the cylinder heads to have bigger valves. JE Eng suggest it may well be OK at a cruise but not at low or high revs.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Rolling roads in Surrey/Hants

Post by KevinW »

http://www.aireytuning.com/
https://classicandrace.co.uk/

Any good? Not exactly what you asked for I realise.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks Kevin,
Ironically just after I made the posting I found Harding Autos in Knaphll which isn’t many miles away. I’m currently awaiting a call back to confirm they have some dates before month end. Whoever I spoke to said they were very busy but was hopeful.
They suggest they have McClaren as a client.
Ian Millar also suggested Tom Airey so a I will try them tomorrow.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Now booked a RR slot for next Tues at Knaphill so hoping the rain will hold off for the journey each way.
They will perform a power run first to monitor the fuel/air ratio and get an idea how much adjustment is necessary.
I took the decision to buy a tuning kit for the Edlebrock 1404 which they advised would help and ensure that they won’t be short of options of rods/ jets should they be needed.
Fingers crossed they can make a good job of it.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I had a successful visit to the rolling road with the fuel/air mixture now sorted with the help of the appropriate box of jets and rods.
Enlightening part of the visit was the need for a new dizzy cap and rotor which boosted the BHP by 9!
It showed the importance of a rolling road session as I would never have known the cap was faulty.
Full report should be in the club magazine.
Peter C