Summer Edition of T289R News has gone to Press

289, FIA & Daytona topics
bevan
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Summer Edition of T289R News has gone to Press

Post by bevan »

Dear All

The Summer 2022 edition of T289R News has gone to the Printers so you should be receiving it soon. Very many thanks to everyone who has contributed – it is your magazine and your articles are what make it a fascinating newsletter. So do send me your stories – we’d love to receive more from members overseas as well as from the UK.

This edition has information about important T289R committee changes. We have three ‘Build’ articles – two Hawk Ace updates from Keith Atkinson and Peter Findlay and one on the early years of a Hawk 289 FIA build from David Espie. This edition also contains the last article from Byron with advice about obtaining your V5c for registering your replica. We hope it is useful for those of you going through the process of building your cars. That’s not all of course so open your News as soon as it arrives and start reading.

Wherever you are, don’t forget to add your car to the Car Registry – you can get your car verified at Silverstone if not before. Also make sure you join the parade lap!

COVID-19 is in the rise again so take care as you enjoy the summer and your cars.

With best wishes

Valerie T289R Editor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Migge

Re: Summer Edition of T289R News has gone to Press

Post by Migge »

I have cancled my T289R membership May 2022. I have paid my annual membership fee January 2022.
Is it correct that I don't get a copy of the T289R News anymore even if I had paid for the whole year.

Just asking for a friend :-)
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

:lol: I guess your friend isn't flavour of the month Migge! :P
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Migge

Post by Migge »

Well, hahaha :-)
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I too canceled my membership in May 2022, and had paid an annual membership fee, is it correct that I don't get a copy of the T289 News anymore, even though I too paid for a whole year, or do we get a partial refund? ?
Just asking for a friend too.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

A request was issued to cancel membership with immediate effect. Which was actioned and confirmed. Members details are deleted following cancellation to ensure conformance with GDRP regulations, therefore no details are retained.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Strange that a committee can't reply to emails of concern but can cancel membership instantly when it suits. Well done.
Migge

Post by Migge »

Stu,

So we got no other T289R News, summer, fall, winter?
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

I’m pretty sure we all pay for membership of the 289 register itself and the magazines are sent FOC to members. I wouldn’t have thought any of us cancelling our membership would be entitled to the magazines produced after we’d cancelled……
Apart from that, as Stuart says, all members detail are deleted making it difficult to send them even if we were entitled to them.
That’s certainly the way it works with other organisations I have experience of…..
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
Migge

Post by Migge »

I don't know excatly the meaning and writing of the club constitution but if not already included, it should be added the point, that with the date of cancelling the membership, all claims regarding refunds or continuation of club Informations and sending out club magazines have no entitlements anymore.

Remember: your point at the AGM :-)