Cost of filling up

Other topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Cost of filling up

Post by peterc »

When you are next at the pumps moaning about the cost of filling up with the best petrol available spare a thought for Abramovich needing to fill up his 164M long mega yacht ‘Eclipse’.
It is alleged that this is one of five he owns but is the longest in the fleet of Russian oligarch owned yachts.
Currently residing in Turkey to avoid the sanctions his fuel bill was $ 1.66 million and took 22 hrs to complete!
Still I suppose what’s another million to these guys when they spend billions.
Peter C
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Cost of filling up

Post by KevinW »

I'll spare a thought, but no sympathy whatsoever.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Just imagine how many Green Shield Stamps he would have got back in the old days! :D
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

He would need a van to carry them home!!
I didn't want to suggest any sympathy. I would more likely have to try to stop the smug look on my face.
I have just returned from the BVI's ( Caribbean) and our sailing ship had problems anchoring in the bay at St Barts due to 150 gin palaces at anchor. Made Monaco look lacking.
To be honest I found it a bit vulgar seeing all those and the other smaller ( less than 60 m) motor yachts moored in the harbour. They might have the money but they don't necessarily have taste and certainly don't know how to moor properly.
I'm certainly not jealous its just not my cup of tea.
I would of course prefer to have a large garage suitably stocked.
Peter C
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Morning Gentlemen,
It may make you feel better to know, that according to my wife his yacht was filled with petrol which had to be pumped out and then refilled with Diesel (both tanks). Bet that was a head ache for the AA. The crew have of course been sacked.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

allan horsfall wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:27 am Morning Gentlemen,
It may make you feel better to know, that according to my wife his yacht was filled with petrol which had to be pumped out and then refilled with Diesel (both tanks). Bet that was a head ache for the AA. The crew have of course been sacked.
It does... thank you :)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I’m definitely chuckling now.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Checking the web it appears that he had fuelling issues back in 2005 with contaminated diesel on one of his smaller yachts. So I don’t know if that event is being confused with the recent straight forward filling up of the mega yacht. It does have rather large tanks. Million litres ?
Peter C