Well Done Boris

Other topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Well Done Boris

Post by clive »

Well it looks like you chaps in England will be getting out in your cars before the rest of us. Just make sure you don't accidentally stray over the border into Wales or Scotland otherwise you are liable to be shot down in flames! :evil:

Keep safe! :D
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Well Done Boris

Post by peterc »

I must confess I hadn’t logged that aspect but yes we will be allowed to drive to a place of exercise.
An incentive to get the engine back together and then be able to test it.
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

As far as I understood from last night, you are able to drive to anywhere in England, not just for exercise.
Cheers, Clive.

early_911

Post by early_911 »

I understand that you can drive anyway in England (suggest a bit of exercise is involved at some point, even if it's just a brief walk round the car) . . . . but you need to get home by the end of the day.
David Large

Post by David Large »

Common sense needs to prevail however. If everybody goes to the Lake District we will have a problem.

David
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

There have been criticism of why we were shut at home and not just using the Swedish system of common sense and letting people continue to circulate but being sensible. Unfortunately that forgets that the entire population of Sweden is around 10 million whereas the UK has around 68 million ( that we know about) with 11 million just in London.
We have also had numerous groups having parties as if there is no virus at all but then choosing to spit at the police who are trying to send them home. No wonder the government have to treat us all as not being able to be sensible.
The relaxing of rules is unlikely to change my new habits of keeping away from going inside the supermarket and getting either click and collect or home delivery. Yes it seems strange to wipe down the door handle every time someone makes a delivery and wiping the packaging or containers but to me it makes sense to take simple precautions.
Still surprised that they didn’t choose to close to borders to non residents a month ago. It’s like complaining of being burgled when you have left the front door wide open.
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I quite agree with you Peter, and there is a lot of confusion since the announcements at the weekend. All the BBC news we are hearing up here is England related so folk are thinking that we can go out and do all the things that you will be able to do. Unfortunately home delivery doesn't work in rural areas here unless you order two weeks in advance, and even that is hit and miss, and why oh why are we closing borders with the exception of France and Ireland? Is this a post Brexit plan to soften our nearest neighbours?
Cheers, Clive.

simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Wise words Peter.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

My comprehensive understanding of the current situation.....
https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/statu ... 2791106569
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Remembering that the UK has had more deaths from the virus than Spain and yet they are only now being allowed out of their homes for exercise and must remain within1 km of their home. There is a rota to define who can go out at what time of day.
So guys consider yourself lucky.
Peter C