Tacky, tacky

Other topics
simonjrwinter

Tacky, tacky

Post by simonjrwinter »

saw these on the cobra club site......sorry, but I think this is the most hideous and distasteful thing I've ever seen on a Cobra (and I've seen some stuff!)

Simon
Tacky.jpg
tacky 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Tacky, tacky

Post by peterc »

They do like their bling in the CRC group.
He is obviously worried someone will knock his door off when it’s opened. Maybe he keeps breaking down, hence getting out when there’s a lot of traffic about !?
Many years ago ( 60/70’s ) I used green instrument lighting ( painted the bulbs) as a way of reducing the glare for better road concentration at night. I tried it with a green LED a couple of years ago and my eyes didn’t like it. Far better to have warm white LED’s which light the instruments properly so you can actually read them without straining but not so bright to ruin the road vision.
Discussions with my brother ( ex RAF helicopters) they now use blue lighting for their instruments. Can’t say I see the benefits.
After all you need to be able to read the gauge quickly and put your eyes back on the road. There is also a huge difference to being several thousand feet up in the dark to being on a busy road with on coming bright lights.
Still, everyone to their own. One mans meat is another’s poison.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Very true...
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

For a while I did think about a light on the end of the door that would act as a warning to traffic passing when my door was opened, but didn't pursue it. Safety reasons really, but in the end I just got a flashing red triangle with batteries in the event I need to have the door open alongside a lane of traffic - cheaper and less bother!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

My comment on the door light was a rather tongue in cheek. I can see the benefits but a simple stick on reflective strip would suffice and be more in period. I think it was the illuminated Cobra badges that Simon was highlighting as being poor taste. I think it’s like so many things these days. Why do they do it - merely because they can. The parts and technology are now available.
Computers have far too many gismo’s that you don’t need. It’s just that electronics allow it to be possible.
Even a Mercedes A series hatchback has numerous options on interior lighting. My nephew thought it was great to have so much choice. Change the colour to suit your mood!
It’s what ever floats your boat.
Peter C