Car Love

Other topics
StuBaker

Car Love

Post by StuBaker »

I Love my car. Absolutely.
Just got back from 2hr jaunt over the Lincolnshire Wolds in the glorious sunshine, a couple of Heineken OO's in a lovely pub, what could be better?
I've driven 2500 miles this year with my tatty old engine and loved every minute of it.
The car is fantastic. it's a Hawk 289, RV8. Always attracts lots of attention.
Well done Gerry!!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Car Love

Post by peterc »

That’s what it’s all about. So long as it brings a smile to your face you don’t have to drive balls out to get a kick out of driving the Hawk.
I always smile when I’m still warming the engine up at less than 60 mph and another car tears up from behind in the outer lane on a dual carriageway and then slows down to match my speed and their passenger starts taking photos.
I can only assume that a Hawk looks that little bit more authentic.
Hopefully I have made their day as well.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Me too, just love driving it. Quite happy to drive by myself in the countryside pootling along. Quite understand that even with a 330BHP Ford V8, I could probably be shown a clean pair of heels by a decent hot hatch, but for me that’s not all the car is about.
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

:twisted: I love quietly pulling up beside a souped up Nova or the likes at the lights, especially one with a large noisy exhaust and a dobber in the driving seat. They think they are the dog's nuts blipping their throttle until they hear a Ford 302! :D
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)