The Waiting Game

Other topics
StuBaker

The Waiting Game

Post by StuBaker »

Well, Santa came and dropped off all my HP fuel system. I've already sorted a brand new engine and gearbox so I'm just waiting for exhaust manifold and mpfi. They're 'forecast' for January so fingers crossed.
Reminds me of all the waiting when you're building, searching, sourcing and checking everything matches. I guess its all part of the fun and ultimately satisfaction.
Special thanks to Brian at Roadcraft for sorting engine and gearbox for me.
And to all those T289R members I've spoken to for advice, especially David Simpson who let me measure his engine mounts.
I'll be recording the swap and adding it to Youtube. Hopefully it wont be too cheesy.

Best Wishes for the New Year,
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: The Waiting Game

Post by StewbieC »

All the best for the new year Stu!
Does this mean that you are coming over to the dark side? As in Ford?
Heard nothing but good things about Roadcraft just be mindful of engine age for emissions requirements, I'm sure everything has already been considered!!
Good luck with the swap, not long until Silverstone! We are hoping for the biggest turn out yet and all being well Omicron would have come and gone. (No pressure!!!)

Re: The Waiting Game

Post by StuBaker »

Thanks Stu,
Yes, going Ford instead of RV8. Makes more sense financially and aesthetically, I think.
I don't drive fast enough to worry about extra front end weight etc.
Everything is brand new and I'm going for efi. My car was registered as new 2021 so I have to jump through hoops to pass MoT in 2023.
I've got cats and two more years to sort it. I believe it's been done successfully with Canems.
I'm not starting until I have all the bits. I'll be disappointed if it's not done by February.
Cheers and Best Wishes to All for the New Year.