It’s back up for sale…

Other topics
simonjrwinter

It’s back up for sale…

Post by simonjrwinter »

https://www.anthonyjamescars.com/used-h ... ex-4168657

Isn’t this the car that used to be called the “yellow peril”
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: It’s back up for sale…

Post by clive »

Sure is.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Some items make interesting reading.
Body shell is supposedly in gell coat. But the car was originally yellow as seen in above photo. I’m a bit surprised that it was constructed in blue and then painted yellow as soon as it was built.
I assume that it’s quite a quick motor as it was always intended for competition but it only has 9:1 compression ratio and no BHP is quoted. Curious to know what power they managed to get.
Obviously five previous owners have decided it’s not their cup of tea after all.
Shame such a well made and bespoke car hasn’t found a more permanent home.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Took a test drive last Thursday...the car is extremely hardcore with massive bump steer (could be the tyres). Not really suitable for road use/touring. Shame, cos it looks a peach🙂👍
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

That’s why I didn’t buy it (at less than HALF that price!) 7-8 years ago! Too extreme for Mum to drive!
It had just been painted blue when I looked at it, I’m sure a year or 2 earlier it was struggling to find a buyer in the low to mid-£20’s!
I’m sure a set of Avons would help the handling, as I know how bad mine was on the road with Dunlop Racing tyres!

I think the five owners you mention were probably dealers who have passed it between themselves adding a mark-up each time, and hyping the negatives into positives, but all they have done is price it out of the market.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Couldn't agree more Nik.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"