Shed racing

Other topics
Ian Gould
T289R Member
T289R Member

Shed racing

Post by Ian Gould »

Don’t know whether this has been mentioned before but I came across ‘shed racing’ on you tube. Ivan is quite a character and one of his videos has a cobra in it
phlip

Re: Shed racing

Post by phlip »

Hi Ian,
I follow Ivan's Shed Racing channel - he's quite a character! Known for being The Bugatti guru.
That Cobra that his friend drives is said to be an original ... check out the reg (AC 289) on dvla website and it's kind of odd... it's registered as

"AC (ELECTRIC) ELECTRIC AC 289"
Red. Petrol 10th Dec 1964.
Pretty weird or what??

Phil
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Is it possible that it is a replica with an electric motor that's managed to retain its donor reg date bearing in mind its actually registered as an electric car. The petrol on the log book has slipped thro'. Pre 1998 SVA cars often didn't follow all the rules we accept today.
I can't imagine putting an electric motor into an actual '64 original and devaluing it by £100K's and then it wouldn't have its title as Electric would it?
Peter C
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

Just checked the video in case I was missing something obvious - no - it's def. an original "been in family 40 years" . We see the SBF under the bonnet complete with the old dynamo etc etc.
It sounds verrrrry nice too.
But how ODD !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyToECYppfA

03.24 for the Cobra bit.

Phil