Spa Classic 2019

Club events that are going on around the world
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Spa Classic 2019

Post by amulheirn »

Hi all -
I've been working on a Spa Classic trip for next year - the dates of the event are the 17-19 May 2019. Here is a rough plan:
  • Event ticket is €30 for the weekend. Includes:
    • 3 day ticket plus access to paddocks and grandstands
    • Free parking in club area ('Happy Few')
  • Optional track laps - €100 per session, lasting 20 minutes each
    • Helmet required
    • 3 sessions on Friday - 1 novice, 2 skilled
    • 3 sessions on Saturday - 1 novice, 2 skilled
    • 1 session Sunday, skilled only
  • Accommodation at R Hotel in Remouchamps (nights of the 16th, 17th, 18th May - driving home after the racing on the 19th)
    • Approximately 35 mins drive from circuit
    • 'Confort' room
    • Breakfast included
    • €168 per night for three nights in double occupancy room
  • If people think it is worth it, I will try to book a restaurant for Saturday night.
Can you let me know either here or by email to wiki@the289register.com the answers to the following questions:

1. Are you coming?
2. Do you want to do a track lap?
3. Will you be staying in the hotel?

Things you will need to arrange for yourselves will be everything not mentioned above - e.g. any ferry crossings, appropriate insurance, food, clothing, toothbrushes and so on.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Andy
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Spa Classic 2019

Post by Dave Woodward »

Andy,

Nicky and I would definitely consider this trip as its something I've been thinking about for a number of years but never actually scheduled in.

We'd be up for the hotel and track lap too.

Anybody else interested??

Dave.
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

Would certainly like to join in. Dare I say the usual, subject to getting time off work. Also, about the only time of the year Alison works, so probably on my own. Assume it would actually be 16-20th when you add in travelling?

Andy
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Andy,

I will sign up for it - event ticket and Hotel [saves me a 1.30hr drive each way]. I will pass on the track laps....

Many thanks
DavidP
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Thanks everyone - I will get something booked very soon and update you all. I also need to send this out by email because not everyone uses the forum.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi all -

I will book this at the weekend - if anyone else wants to come, please let me know.

Some brexit-related information in case you don't already know:

1. You may need a 1968 International Driving Permit if we leave with no deal. Cost about £5 at the post office. Details are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/internation ... march-2019

2. You may need to have at least 6 months on your passport left to travel abroad. The government website has a checker for this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/passport-ru ... -to-europe

3. There *may* be an issue with EHIC card validity, but that's not certain. This needs to be monitored in case we need to extend our travel insurance.

4. Please read and digest this, particularly the part about carrying your V5C with you and what may happen if there's an accident while driving abroad: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to- ... -ymitJcSJU

Cheers,
Andy
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Sorry Andy, can no longer do due to other commitments. Have fun though yo'all :D
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Racing timetable (provisional):
timetable.jpg
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Just an update - tickets and hotel rooms for this event have now been booked, so I am unlikely to be able to add anyone extra at this stage.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

For those of you going, be sure to look out for my old racing MGB (maroon body with cream hardtop) which will be racing alongside Cobras etc in the hands of its new owner, Mr Mike Boyle. He welcomes anyone engaging with him before and after the race(s), he's a real nice guy...and coming all the way from San Francisco could probably welcome a bit of a fan club :lol:

Thanks,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"