Cranleigh Classic Car Show - CANCELLED

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Cranleigh Classic Car Show - CANCELLED

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys one and all.
Entries are now being taken for the annual Cranleigh Classic Car Show on August 9th.
I have requested a club pitch and our club code reference is WA9DN9L.
You will need to log on to Carshow.CranleighLions.org and use the above code.
Entry costs £6 which covers one car with driver and a passenger.
This is a non profit making event as it is run by volunteers and all proceeds go to charity.
The organisers will log members attending and size our pitch accordingly.
If you don’t Register then we will not get allocated the space.
This event normally commands around 2000 Classics of all vintages and types so is well worth the visit so place your entry and put it in the diary.
It it would be good to put on a display of our cars perhaps 10+ cars like we did 3 years ago.
Let’s show the public the results of all your hard work.
Please either send me a pm or email me (pr.coombes@ gmail.com) to let me know that you have booked and intend to attend.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Sun May 24, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Coward
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Cranleigh Classic Car Show

Post by John Coward »

Hi Peter and all,

I have signed up for the Cranleigh show, let's hope some more members (or would-be members!) also register - only £6.
I have only been once so far, last year, and found it to be a pleasant and well supported classic car show with a country feel to it, rather like the Haslemere Show but with far more space available and consequently a good variety of cars on display,

Photos from last year's show:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/t289r/alb ... 0350328891

Regards, John
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Cranleigh Classic Car Show - CANCELLED

Post by peterc »

Hi guys, I have just had an email from the Cranleigh Lions team who have made the decision to cancel this years Cranleigh Classic.
Their missive reads as follows.
Owing to the continued ban on mass gatherings and the uncertainty surrounding the future of large public events, the Car Show Committee regret to announce the cancellation of the Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show 2020.
So yet another event bits the dust.
Bearing mind that Silverstone is due a week before Cranleigh I guess we might be getting a cancellation from them as well.
Peter C