Petersfield Meet

Club events that are going on around the world
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Petersfield Meet

Post by andyg »

Short notice and not exactly an event, but anyone in the Thames Valley/South Region (or anywhere!) interested in a meet up at The Tea Barn just outside Petersfield off the A272 on Wednesday around 11am? (Called them today to check they are open). No real events going on, so looking for an excuse to get the car out :D
Weather looks fantastic - although possibly too hot!
It’s about an hour from me (Bracknell) - just gives me an excuse to go through the Hindhead Tunnel :shock:
Andy G
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Petersfield Meet

Post by peterc »

Good idea but unfortunately I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday at 11.00.
Peter C
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

A dentist appointment? Well done getting one of them!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Incredibly, I have one too at 11am on Wednesday. I couldn't come to Petersfield anyway, just spotted the coincidence. Those of my old mates who are still solvent (not eligible for any government support during the lockdown, still having to pay wages, bills, business rates etc.) are indeed starting to get going. I hope you don't need any urgent treatment, Peter, as all they are doing is extractions. Anything involving a drill creates an aerosol which hangs around the entire room for over 20 minutes so is a complete no-no.

I'm so glad I've retired. There are a few non-NHS practices around here which will not be re-opening.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Up here north of the border, dentists have been open for the past week and are able to do procedures as long as the don't use the high speed drill. I have been suffering from an abscess but I think I'll wait until things ease off a bit more.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Interesting.
Already had a filling in one tooth and now going back for root canal treatment in another. Drilling that’s a definite yes.
They do appear to be using the suction equipment well so spray should be kept down but then it’s my germs not theirs. Temperature taken and hands disinfected upon entry and they have plastic gowns. The always have masks anyway.
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

If they're using the high speed drill, they're breaking guidelines and taking a big risk. If they've used it on the patient before you, the aerosol will still be there! It's not the spray, it's the fine particulates that hang in the atmosphere for a minimum of 20-30 minutes.

The 'germs' (a virus isn't a germ) come from the patient immediately before you, not the staff. The latest update from the BDA says the room must not be used for 60 minutes following use of a high speed drill (which all produce aerosol - it comes from the coolant, and trust me you don't run a diamond bur at 500,000rpm (yes, half a million) without a coolant. Been there, done that - the smell of burning dentine is not a pleasant one.

https://bda.org/advice/Coronavirus/Page ... dates.aspx
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Naturally I will now ask the question of the fallow time that they allow.
For now I have moved the appointment.
Andy see you at 11.00 on Wed.
Peter C
kenv

Post by kenv »

Sadly, I can't make it either, as I'm waiting for IVA to resume for the Ace and the Marcos has a clutch slave cylinder leak
Regards
Ken
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks for your concern Roger but the dentist has confirmed the 60 mins fallow time. My new appointment is the first of their afternoon session so lunch hour conveniently provides the gap in patients.
Peter C