Club events that are going on around the world
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Goodwood Speed Week - 16-19 Oct

Post by amulheirn »

speedweek-mastercard-logo-640.png
speedweek-mastercard-logo-640.png (17.43 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
A combined Revival and Festival of Speed online - not quite the same, but probably worth watching!

https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goodwood-speedweek/
simonjrwinter

Re: Goodwood Speed Week - 16-19 Oct

Post by simonjrwinter »

Bloody excellent racing today. The Stirling Moss trophy was brilliant!
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

A vast number of 289’s will be competing in Sunday’s TT at 4:45pm, sadly after the TV footage has ended, but a must-watch on the Live Stream!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Kevbuts

Post by Kevbuts »

What a superb event this was. So nice to see such lovely and historically important cars being thrashed around the track like they were £500 hot hatches :-)

The S F Edge Trophy races were just amazing and thrilling to watch as the drivers hustled those Edwardian aero-engined cars around Goodwood Circuit. Amazing skill and faith in their cars, but also very brave with so little driver protection!

The RAC TT was certainly the jewel in the crown though - Great to see the Cobra's on track, but the close racing they provided in competition with the E-Types, Lister-Jaguars and little TVR Griffith etc. was just amazing.

Let hope 2021 will allow us to actually go to motorsport events and witness the sights, sounds and smells of such great cars and the racing they provide with our own eyes!
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

👍
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

There was a jet-pack race billed as an event on the Sunday - does anyone know if that happened? My daughter was quite keen to see it, but scrolling through the footage a few times I couldn't see it.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

amulheirn wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:57 pm There was a jet-pack race billed as an event on the Sunday - does anyone know if that happened? My daughter was quite keen to see it, but scrolling through the footage a few times I couldn't see it.
Speaking of jet packs, this is now available at Goodwood.
https://gravity.co/experience/

Jet suit is 27 kg and >1000bhp, so rather better bhp per ton than any V8 powered vehicle.
I've just emailed them to find out how much for a floght expereince. Suits are ~$0.5M if you commision one, and also CAA exempt.
I am hoping a trila flight is cheaper than a flight in a Spitfire, but I'll shut up now as its abs nothing to do with our beloved cars!