Welsh Tour 2022

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Welsh Tour 2022

Post by peterc »

No, you didn't miss read that year being 2022 not 2021.
Everyone who participated in the recent Welsh tour enjoyed themselves sufficiently to want to return. The weather might not have been the best but the farms hospitality was really good.
We are getting the impression that all the farms bookings that were cancelled due to the Covid crisis have been transferred to 2021 hence our suggestion we pick some dates in 2022.
Initial suggestions are perhaps a 4 night stay starting on a Sunday but I have contacted the farm regarding their booking requirements for any mix and match with a 3 night stay if some people can't manage the forth night.
They advise they are very flexible on both number of nights and tours, but I envisage it would probably be that once you have booked your requirements that you can't change at the last moment due to them potentially wanting the room for other visitors. Just as you would expect for any other B&B/ hotel booking.
Personally I would certainly consider 4 nights with only 2 tours to give me a chance to chill out on the third day and perhaps have a whole day visit to one location.
Please advise if you are interested and if you have any commitments that need to be avoided. Perhaps Spa and the Goodwood Revival?
You can email on pr.coombes@gmail.com.
Members only please.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Welsh Tour 2022

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys one and all.
I have just been in contact with the farm and been offered dates for our 2022 Tour in Wales at Llanerchindda farm as we did in 2020.

The the dates they can offer you for September 2022 are as follows - Monday 5th to Friday 9th September 2022. The rate for a 4 night stay would be £344.50 per person for a car tour, Dinner, Bed and Breakfast, Afternoon Tea each day together with a drinks reception on the first evening and all the road books, maps etc. If you want a 3 night stay the rate would be £275.00 per person.
I believe we need to get a minimum of 5 cars to reserve these dates so please contact me asap if you are interested. Act now or be prepared to be disappointed.

The farm have obviously had a bad time with the Covid crisis and I feel that those clients who were disappointed their tour couldn't progress last year or first half of this year will be booking for 2021/22.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys,
The farm has reserved all their accommodation for us for the period arriving on Monday 5th September and departing on Friday 9th September 2022, at the rate of £344.50 per person for the 4 nights Dinner, Bed and Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and all the Classic Car routes etc.
They have 1 single room. 7 Double-bedded rooms, 4 Twin-bedded rooms and 1 family room all with private shower and toilet, available. We can have all of these rooms or as many as we require. If you only want the 3 nights its £275.
So that's 13 rooms, so I would really like to get at least 10 cars if we can. I have received 5 replies to date, any others please contact me first and then ring the farm to place a formal booking and then they can confirm all the bookings to each couple. The best time to contact them is in the morning or just after 6.00 in the evening. Someone is here 24 hours a day so anytime is ok really.
They will be looking forward to hearing from everybody.
Peter C
PS
This event is only open to members.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I’m glad to say we now have 7 cars entered for our 289 Welsh Tour in Sept 2022 but we can take more. Another 6 rooms are available at the moment. Just don’t leave it too long otherwise the farm will be wanting to let others use them.
For the benefit of those not able or wanting to stay the four nights the farm is happy for you to stay just three.
In that case it would be from Monday 5th to Thurs 8th
For those staying the four nights there will be to option of partaking in three tours organised by the farm or if desired only two tours with the third day to venture out and do your own thing. We just need to be up front with farm to state out intentions so they know how many route books to print out.
On previous tours they have also provided a marked up OS map so if you got lost with the route I instructions you can get back on route.
Book your get out of Covid lockdown tour now.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys one and all. Let’s hope 2022 opens up a good number of events to attend and forget about the problems of the last two years.
Just to remind you that 289 members are welcome to partake of the Welsh tour in Sept. 5-9th . We have 7-8 cars but it would be good to have more.
Those that have been to this farm before will be able to confirm the good hospitality and general organisation.
The route books are provided by the farm which have been well used and checked. They advise petrol locations and if known then places of police activity to ensure you stay safe and legal.

Now that we are into the new year I fully expect the farm to release the remaining rooms ( 5 ? ) to other interested parties so if you are interested then please get on the phone to the farm and book your room sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.
Their phone number is 01550-750274
Please let me know once you have booked advising me of your contact details.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Pleased to say I now have an expected 10 cars for our Welsh trip which is a really good result. Farm should still have 3 more rooms available!
Peter C
kdavies3

Post by kdavies3 »

All booked Pete.
We'll only do 3 nights and head home on the Thursday evening.
As we only live less than two hours away.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Kev Davies
DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600. SOLD
Dax De Dion LS2 and T56. SOLD
1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
In build Hawk 289 (302) Sebring. Awaiting IVA:D
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I have been approached by another Cobra owner ( CRC member) who would like to join us in Wales. Unless anyone else comes forward in the next few days I propose to accept his request to join us.
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

get him signed up Peter!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Clive.
I’ll it a go but having known him for a number of years I think he is otherwise quite happy with the CRC.
I belong to both clubs and it was because of a CRC event to the farm in Wales that I gained the knowledge of the venue.
Peter C