Newark Kit Car Show 2022

Club events that are going on around the world
StuBaker

Newark Kit Car Show 2022

Post by StuBaker »

The first at Newark one for a few years. I went to my first one there about 1982.
It was really good to speak to Gerry and Stu and to pick their brains one to one. Managed to tick off most of my queries. Can't beat the old face to face comms.
Gerry's new red cobra was beautifully turned out. Loved the colour. Every time I see a red car I think about it now.
Met some (other!) great car people too, including Roger and Penny who are building an Ace.
I was pleasantly surprised with all the positive comments about the 289, some people have quite strong feeling about 289 v 427. Mainly concerning the gaudy interiors and loud paintwork. Each to his own really, they're all trying their best. Some are immaculately turned out. I wouldn't turn one down if offered (the 427 waltzers) but I would try to make it more original to be honest.
It was a small show and not a lot on offer in terms of manufacturers. With the recent demise of Westfield I worry for the future of our hobby. How much longer do we have before cars like ours legislated into obscurity?