InterClub International Weekend

Club events that are going on around the world
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

InterClub International Weekend

Post by phlip99 »

This looks like something the 289R should be involved with.
It is a non-profit event run for the clubs involved. The club has the opportunity to have a stand at no charge. Members can get 50% discount off entry cost if booked before end Feb. - that's £20 vs £40 say for the Sat or Sunday for example.
In order to get the discount the Club must be registered to attend.

The event has grown from a collaborative event held previous years by the TR Register (and other Triumph clubs) along with the MG Car Club.
I'm a TR Register member so I'll be going in one car or the other anyway.

This has the potential to be a really great event with minimal cost to participants at a great location.

Not sure who on Committee looks after events... ??

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Phil.
https://www.interclubweekend.com/
simonjrwinter

Re: InterClub International Weekend

Post by simonjrwinter »

£40 per person day entry! Wow 😱😱😱😱
We’ll be up that way in our TR but not sure if many will be paying £80 for a trip there……
Incidentally, which TR do you have Phil?
Last edited by simonjrwinter on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

That sounds like a nice event - I've been to a dog show there and on a sunny day it was a lovely venue.

The committee doesn't have a dedicated events officer any more - we take on things individually, and also hope that members will take the initiative to organise some events too. If you wanted to be the point man for this one, I can help with sending out emails, and promoting our attendance on social media? We have a few club sail flags too, so I'm sure we could get these to you to help mark out the club pitch.
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

simonjrwinter wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:38 am £40 per person day entry! Wow 😱😱😱😱
We’ll be up that way in our TR but not sure if we’ll be paying £80 for a trip there……
Incidentally, which TR do you have Phil?
Compared with Silverstone (at £98 if you're on your own) it looks cheap!! Plus it's half price for early booking - so I'm thinking £20 is pretty cheap.
They're clearly trying to get early bookings in. The TR Register cancelled a meeting a couple of years ago (or was it last year?!) because of low advance bookings and high financial risk.

I have a TR 3A - been with us since 1973 but doesn't get much use these days - too many other cars.. like the Hawk!

Phil.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

So its basically the same place as the National Kit Car Show (that used to be Stoneleigh) held at beg of June?
Attended at the new location last year and rate it highly.
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

amulheirn wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:56 am If you wanted to be the point man for this one, I can help with sending out emails, and promoting our attendance on social media? We have a few club sail flags too, so I'm sure we could get these to you to help mark out the club pitch.
Sorry Andy but it's a busy weekend for me - not only this event for TRs etc but the same weekend is the annual Riley rally (I have a pre-war Riley too) and Vintage Shelsley Wallsh. Not sure how I'll manage to be in 3 places at once - two I could cope with!!
Otherwise I'd be only too happy to act as contact point etc..

Phil.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Is anybody from the 289 register going to this event? Looks like we’ll be there (in the TR) on the Saturday
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.