Speedo and Tacho wiring

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
SJ
T289R Member
T289R Member

Speedo and Tacho wiring

Post by SJ »

In the wiring to the speedo there is a break in the green wire as if there is supposed to be maybe an inline fuse do I simply join them together, I am using an electronic smiths gauge.

The green wiring to the Rev Counter is the same but I guess that this is where I insert an inline 3amp fuse.

Am I right?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SJ
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

My car has the ford loom and the wiring for the speedo is green to green, but I have no fuse fitted. I am considering fitting a fuse as I am curently on a restricted 3,000 miles per annum with my insurance, and the fuse might just "blow" and it could take me a few thousand miles to get round to fixing it. (If you see what I mean!)
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
SJ
T289R Member
T289R Member

Speedo Transducer

Post by SJ »

Thanks nice idea.

I now see that I have a rover transducer with a brown wire and a yellow wire. i believe I can use this along with an electronic speedo. Has anyone else tried this, I think it requires a pull up resistor?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi SJ,
Who supplied your speedo? If it was Caerbont then try http://www.caigauge.com/index.htm and check them out. Give them a phone, they are very helpful.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
SJ
T289R Member
T289R Member

answer

Post by SJ »

Phoned them:

Answer is in case anyone else needs the info:Yellow from Transducer to 12v + supply, Brown from Transducer to white/black on speedo, green to 12v + supply, black to 12v negative supply, red to 12v negative supply.