brake fluid test switch

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
donfrost
T289R Member
T289R Member

brake fluid test switch

Post by donfrost »

HI on the final stages wiring and connecting the dashboard in my hawk ace, for the iva i have got to fit a test push button and indicator on the low brake fluid circuit,having a senior moment as to how do i connect it into the hawk loom HELP
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: brake fluid test switch

Post by clive »

The low level switch is on the in the lid of the reservoir and works via a float. The test switch is the handbrake warning light, so when you pull on the handbrake you are testing the fluid level indicator.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
donfrost
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by donfrost »

thanks Clive
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Don,
Hope you are well, it seems you have been busy!
Something similar to this is what you need. https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/ ... gIKZfD_BwE
There's a small mounting on the Hawk Handrake lever near the pivot. You need to check if the ID of the hole will accept this push button switch. It needs to be a normally closed switch which means there is no continuity when the switch is made and as soon as the handbrake is pulled, the lever pulls away from the switch plunger and electrical contact is made which illuminates the warning light. This micro switch is wired in parallel with the warning switches in the reservoirs so if any of them has contact (low fluid, or handbrake lever pulled) the warning light will light up.
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by stu60 »

Not sure if this helps but if MGB/Hawk handbrake assembly fitted, I bought this £14.29 last year; search for AAU2492, it was an exact replacement for my damaged one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131707800434 or search for

CLASSIC MGB - MIDGET HANDBRAKE WARNING LIGHT SWITCH AAU2492
donfrost
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by donfrost »

Hi Stu
All ok my end got down to a short list of things to do,some very minor some a little more involved , i have handbrake switch wired up to a dash light and this light comes on if fluid is low , just had it in my mind that i needed a separate test switch and indicator light or am i having a senior moment
don